TWIN PEAKS

Romão

In these days of binging and streaming, Lynch is O.K. with however you want to watch it. He even suggests, with a smile, that the best approach may be to view the parts out of order. “You know, the projectionist once in awhile would make a mistake and put reel four before reel two or something,” he says. “People still made sense of it.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/t-magazine/entertainment/david-lynch-twin-peaks.html?_r=1&referer=https://m.facebook.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Poor old Harry Dean Stanton. 

QPiSCUO.jpg

24 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yikes!

Loads of old people. Looks more like Red 3 than Twin Peaks, tbh.

Remember though that all promotional material is bound to be geared towards the large preexisting fanbase. I've seen the cast list and there are plenty of new young faces in there, all suitably attractive. But who gives a fuck about them yet?

When people go to see their favourite bands, they want to hear the old favourites first. They even get annoyed if the set list features too many new songs. 

Plenty of young names on that cast list.  I'm sure the advertising will ring the nostalgia bell without revealing anything too new before the premiere.

35 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Do we have people from Iran and North Korea here?

My workplace blocks FB and YT.  Thankfully I own a smart telephone.

44 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

They are old but I like it.

So do I, but they look more than just old. They look worn out, especially Grace Zabriske. They also look scared shitless of something, especially Harry Dean Stanton.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

They also look scared shitless of something.

They just found out that Lynch has lost his marbles.

33 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

So many ageists around here!

I know. It's insane. I wonder if people are actually aware that for each passing year, a person actually gets older. So since it's 25 years since TWIN PEAKS last aired, it means that the crew members are now 25 years older. Sorry to break it to you, guys!

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Once again your lack of understanding when it comes to humour shows you up as a bit of a tit, Thor.

He loves everything ... except for this board. ;)

Currently going through my TWIN PEAKS DVD gold box as a warm-up to the new season. About halfway through. For the first time, I'm struck by the difference in quality between Lynch's episodes and those by others. I'm also reassured, once again, that the best episodes are actually in season 2.

The new TV spot certainly hints that Coop's doppelganger is to possibly be the main antagonist in town at least until good Coop is eventually "rescued". But really we can't be sure about anything can we. 

The only thing about that is the people expecting Twin Peaks 3 to be a cuddly reunion where Dale is as affable as he ever was could be in for a surprise and probable disappointment. Because I reckon it's gonna get black as midnight on a moonless night! 

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The new TV spot certainly hints that Coop's doppelganger is to possibly be the main antagonist in town at least until good Coop is eventually "rescued". But really we can't be sure about anything can we. 

The only thing about that is the people expecting Twin Peaks 3 to be a cuddly reunion where Dale is as affable as he ever was could be in for a surprise and probable disappointment. Because I reckon it's gonna get black as midnight on a moonless night! 

Yeah, that seems more likely. It's not actually an upbeat ending of season 2, so they need to deal with the whole Bob possession thing in some way (although Frank Silva obviously passed away many years ago).

He could , but I don't think he would be as effective as the original Killer Bob, who is still the most shit-inducingly terrifying creation for TV, ever.

Anyway, as I recall, the spirit of Bob went into Dale Cooper.