TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Yes - Sheryl Lee was exemplary in FWWM, and did a lot of good for the dreck she had been involved with since.  I had Sheryl Lee's "real-world" involvement spoiled for me, because I guess paparazzi was at the Palmer house during the filming of this scene and somebody blabbed it on Twitter, so I knew she'd be more involved than disappearing in Part 2 (although I guess Leland's "Find Laura!" in the same part was enough to know that she'd have more to play).  I was very excited to see more of her, and she was really great with MacLachlan. 

Just now, BloodBoal said:

But did he?

Hard to say. He obviously changed something. I'm guessing she's taken away to the lodge when she slips from Cooper's fingers in the forest,  but is then returned as Carrie Page later on, and then -- like Dougie/Cooper -- realizes who she originally is towards the end.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

I don't think so, but it could be related to the Great Northern "basement" where Cooper enters the door with his key in the last episode (the gateway to the "Philip Jeffries motel").

Why was it a key to the basement though? Wasn't it in fact his old room key?

Maybe 25 years in the Black Lodge infused the key with some magic and made it a Lodge totem.  Also, it was immediately after a scene where Cooper says "We live inside a dream," so there's that!

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Where was Wally Brando during all of this?

In retrospect, I love how that stands as one (of several) detached moments in the series. Beyond the Brando reference, I'm sure it was supposed to mirror the relationship between Lucy and Andy. Not being familiar with the  original Brando character, perhaps there are traits in those two that would result in something like that. If not, I'll take it as an independent idea; a tableau that just adds to the weirdness without any kind of significance beyond that.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Is it me or was Lucy the prettiest on the show? I didn't like Watts. Shelly looked gorgeous though. Madgen Amick is a beautiful woman.

She was. She obviously lost a lot of weight for the role, compared to how she appeared in the extras on the TWIN PEAKS gold DVD box.

19 hours ago, Quintus said:

It was Arrested Development S3 syndrome again. Arbitrary appearances purely for the sake of fan service

You keep making this mistake. Season 4 was the years-later disappointment. Season 3 was part of the original run! 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

You keep making this mistake. Season 4 was the years-later disappointment. Season 3 was part of the original run! 

I think the biggest problem with season 4 was the format.  It was funnier than a lot of season 3, which lost me in a lot of ways in a general sense.

6 hours ago, mstrox said:

I think the biggest problem with season 4 was the format.  It was funnier than a lot of season 3, which lost me in a lot of ways in a general sense.

Two years ago now, Hurwitz re-edited season 4 into traditional 22 minute episodes, in chronological story order instead of the bouncing around the initial Netflix order had. These re-edits, complete with new Ron Howard narration, still haven't been released anywhere! 

Now THIS is really crazy! It makes me appreciate it a lot more now. Apparently episodes 17 and 18 can be watched in sync and play off each other in interesting ways...

https://medium.com/@onantiad/episodes-17-18-of-twin-peaks-the-return-are-meant-to-be-watched-in-sync-81352ce38e8