TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Lynch, being on the outskirts of Hollywood, never really seemed to put himself in a pigeonhole which anybody could say with any certainty or persuasion that he was still in or past his prime. He just seems to come and go as he pleases, regardless of trends and expectation. He never seemed to grow out of experimentation, though; unlike say someone like Ridley Scott.

I've got to stop trusting predictive text to insert the word I expect it to, it's become an issue for me. Just noticed that my earlier post said 'expectation' instead of 'experimentation'. The faster I type the lazier I'm becoming, it's really not good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it is an instrumental! But here you go ...

BlueVelvet45_zps36fc615c.jpg

Of course, the track is more suited for the beautiful outer shell of the Lynchian world:

blue-velvet-blu-ray-still-02-785x441_zps

It's only when we penetrate through the surface that we'll stumble upon the dark truth ... (enter Angelo Badalamenti)

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Marcy and I are watching the show for the first time ever right now, and it's awesome. We've got 2 episodes left to go in Season 1, then we might have to take a break before starting Season 2 with Mythbusters, Hannibal, Better Call Saul, and House of Cards all back or about to start up again

I dunno, we're watching my Gold Box DVD set I bought a few years back.

I'm thinking about buying the BD set; You can borrow my DVDs if you want

It picks up again in the final arc of S2 - although there are plenty of not-so-good sidestories in those episodes. The stretch of almost-all-bad episodes is much smaller than I remember it being when I first watched the series (maybe 4 episodes)