TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Wow! That's so not what happens in that scene. Like I said, you have to see the whole thing without the cuts. It's more a display of complete insanity. Leland is laughing but to the people behind him it looks like he's grieving or crying. It has nothing to do with the simplistic demonic smile of Agent Smith.

God! The second half of Season 2 ... It's a miracle that Twin Peaks still is looked upon as the precursor of Golden Age TV. Luckily there's Agent Mulder to lighten up the place!

download%206_zpsuti9a5xt.jpg

Alex

Billy Zane has checked in the hotel! It made me realize that the hotel is a perfect way to keep introducing new characters which will come in handy for the new season(s).

Too bad Ben Horne's Civil War phase is over.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I like her in HBO's Big Love, but later Hollywood tried to launch her as the next romantic leading lady (with a massive weight loss as a result). Of course, that's when Jay took notice of her. Good to see her going back to her TV roots.

You're joking, right? I've liked her since 2004 when she was in Mean Girls.

I watched Big Love as it aired, not years later like you did. In fact, I've barely even seen any of her movies.

Nice try.

Nope. I've never seen Mamma Mia, never seen Les Miserables, never seen Dear John, never seen Red Riding Hood, never seen A Milllion Ways to Die in the West or Ted 2, etc etc

So we watched Twin Peaks: The Movie and the real problem is that it's completely without humor. The bizarre and the weird (the trademark Lynch is famous for and which were probably effective at the time) no longer fascinate.

BTW, what's with the "all made with deleted and cut scenes" baloney? This was newly filmed stuff!

Alex

Yes, it says something like: "This film was made with cut scenes and alternate takes". I don't believe that. The film was shot in a completely different, way more cinematic way (lots of wide shots). You hardly could recognize the sets because of that.

So we watched Twin Peaks: The Movie and the real problem is that it's completely without humor. The bizarre and the weird (the trademark Lynch is famous for and which were probably effective at the time) no longer fascinate.

BTW, what's with the "all made with deleted and cut scenes" baloney? This was newly filmed stuff!

Alex

Are you talking about "The Missing Pieces" feature on the Blu-ray? If so, it's a feature-length piece created with deleted scenes from Fire Walk With Me. Lynch put the whole thing together, but it's still just a collection of deleted scenes.

Or are you talking about the alternate version of the pilot episode? That is just the pilot episode, and then about 20 minutes of footage tacked on to the end to wrap up the story for international audiences. Much of that footage became the content of Cooper's dream at the end of the third episode.

If you're talking about the latter, IDK. I've always found the pilot to have tons of humor, as much as (or more than) you can expect something about a teenager's murder to have.

It sounds like Alex watched the deleted scenes compilation, and NOT the actual film "Fire Walk With Me". The deleted scenes compilation would have that "This film was made with cut scenes and alternate takes" thing at the beginning, but the actual film "Fire Walk With Me" would, of course, have nothing like that in front of it.

The plot of Wire Walk With Me concerns Laura Palmer's last few days before her murder, and then jumps to a bit about Agent Cooper and the Black Lodge, and doesn't feature a lot of the cast members from the show.

The deleted scenes compilation does feature all those cast members, because Lynch decided to cut a lot of the them out of film during post production, feeling it distracted from the main story he was trying to tell.