TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Stopping watching it is completely fine..... But then why did you bother posting in this thread if you don't like it?

What horror? The title music is nice and moody but everything else is repeated ad nauseam.

I don't know what you've watched, but the first season has some. A family and a community unraveled by the rape and murder of their homecoming queen. A journey into a dark train car. A glove in the dark. A sinister dream. The horror really ramps up through the first half of season two. Thinking specifically of instances in s2 e1 (a dream sequence at the end), s2 e2 (bob and the couch), s2 ~e6-8 (can't remember the numbers - one character takes a trip to missoula, montana, and the aftermath). Then it takes a backseat for a while, until the main plot of the final episode which is terrifying.

There are no real jump scares in Twin Peaks. Moodwise, it is more creepy than scary - evocative of walking through dark woods alone at night. It's a slow horror, dreamlike in both its presentation and in the feeling that you're glued to a spot, unable to move away from whatever is creeping toward you.

Definitely not effective for everybody. And there's a lot of bad mixed into the good, especially in season 2 - but man, for me the good stuff makes up for the bad stuff so much that I start to like the bad stuff too.

I watched Season 1, and Season 2's premiere. At first I was happy and fine with the small community unraveled by this tragic unprecedented event, but then you quickly learn that everyone is a dirty sleaze bag, and that's when I stopped caring about these characters.

I have no complaints on the atmosphere and mood front, it's the setting and black humor that kept me watching in the first place. I just feel like the plot and characters will have no pay off and therefore don't feel like it'll be a good investment of my time.

I thought about it today, but am kinda ehhhh about it. I really have trouble sitting through those episodes.

What do you find appealing about it? The characters? The plot? Neither of them are worth all this screen time.

Do you tend not to like the bizarre, generally, then?

s2 e2 (bob and the couch)

That moment was pretty chilling!

Deputy Andy is NOT a sleazebag!

Nor are Deputy Hawk and Albert Freakin' Rosenfield!

Pretty much the whole law enforcement staff - Andy, Hawk, Harry, Lucy, Albert. Norma, Big Ed (excepting stepping out on his wife), Doc Hayward, The Log Lady. Pete! Audrey! Plenty of people whose hands are virtually clean by the end of the series.

I thought about it today, but am kinda ehhhh about it. I really have trouble sitting through those episodes.

What do you find appealing about it? The characters? The plot? Neither of them are worth all this screen time.

I wouldn't consider anything that I watched bizarre.

Terry Gilliam and Charlie Kaufman, they're bizarre filmmakers!

I wouldn't consider anything that I watched bizarre.

Classic Koray!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So would prefer like to finally see Diane in the new followup, or would you prefer if we never saw her ever?

The show is halfway through the shoot

http://deadline.com/2016/01/twin-peaks-update-premiere-date-early-2017-david-lynch-1201681533/

Interesting that he's shooting it like a long movie and chopping it into episodes later

Curious what that will look like if each episode doesn't have a self-contained and designed flow.  That could be an interesting approach if this was being done with the idea of binge watching in mind, rather than a prolonged weekly viewing over a period of months.  Since that's probably not the case, then I hope Lynch knows what he's doing!