TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Monica Bellucci, wow!

They got Duchovny back, too!

Michael Cera?  Wow!

Matthew Lillard?

Jeremy Davies?

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Amanda Seyfried and Laura Dern

I was half hoping that Lynch had gotten Bowie on set last year.

Interesting to see so many recognizable names in the new faces. 

As far as returning faces, I'm bummed not to see Heather Graham, Lara Flynn Boyle, Michael Ontkean, Kenneth Welsh, and Michael Anderson.  I'm a bit confused to see some of them (Sylvia Horne, for instance, never really had much of a character - plus all of those returning Haywards when Donna isn't returning).  Plus, all of the returning dead characters including Jacques who never had anything to do with the mystical/lodges plotline anyway.

The lack of Ontkean is a huge one, he was a essentially the second main character after Cooper more or less.  And yea, bummer about Graham and Anderson for sure.  Lara Flynn Boyle didn't reprise her role for Fire Walk With Me either; Shame she has distanced herself from the show so much since it went off the air.

She distanced herself from the show at the time of FWWM, but I've read several pieces where she's expressed regret about that, and I'd heard rumblings that she was interested in returning.

At the same time, what plot does Donna serve in 2016?  Laura is long gone.  Honestly I hope that many of these returning faces are only brief cameo-type roles, and that the story carries over largely into the new generation (Seyfried, Jane Levy, etc).

The addition of Michael Cera is unfortunate, but it's offset by that of Richard Chamberlain, Tom Sizemore, Tim Roth and in particular John Savage, who I've always considered him to be a hugely underrated actor. Jim Belushi could go either way frankly.

For me though, the real coup is getting Everett McGill out of retirement. Terrific actor who got out of it way too early.

13 minutes ago, Barnald said:

For me though, the real coup is getting Everett McGill out of retirement. Terrific actor who got out of it way too early.

I just had to look him up.  Looks like Twin Peaks is the only thing I've ever seen him in.

He's very memorable in Quest for Fire, Silver Bullet, The People Under the Stairs, Heartbreak Ridge, Iguana and Under Siege 2 also (just a shame Seagal's ego didn't allow for a better climactic fight between the pair). Real physical presence about him.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Monica Bellucci, wow!

They got Duchovny back, too!

Michael Cera?  Wow!

Matthew Lillard?

Jeremy Davies?

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Amanda Seyfried and Laura Dern

Don't know who Lillard or Davies are or just confused by their casting?

Of course I know who they are!  You think I recognized every other name on that massive list but not theirs?

No, I was expressing surprise that those guys would be on a Twin Peaks revival.  Seems odd.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Lara Flynn Boyle didn't reprise her role for Fire Walk With Me either; Shame she has distanced herself from the show so much since it went off the air.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

She distanced herself from the show at the time of FWWM, but I've read several pieces where she's expressed regret about that, and I'd heard rumblings that she was interested in returning.

I had read an interview or article where she said it was just a scheduling conflict at the time, and that she would have done it otherwise.

11 hours ago, Jay said:

I just had to look him up.  Looks like Twin Peaks is the only thing I've ever seen him in.

It bugs that in mobile view it doesn't let me copy any of the names on that site. 

Your mobile skills are weak!

Jay Aaseng
Alon Aboutboul
Jane Adams
Joe Adler
Kate Alden
Stephanie Allynne
Mädchen Amick*
Eric Ray Anderson
Finn Andrews
Elizabeth Anwies
Dana Ashbrook*
Joe Auger
Phoebe Augustine*
Melissa Bailey
Tammie Baird
Matt Battaglia
Chrysta Bell
Monica Bellucci
Jim Belushi
Leslie Berger
Richard Beymer*
John Billingsley
Michael Bisping
Ronnie Gene Blevins
Kelsey Bohlen
Sean Bolger
Rachael Bower
Brent Briscoe
Robert Broski
Wes Brown
Richard Bucher
Page Burkum
Scott Cameron
Juan Carlos Cantu
Gia Carides
Vincent Castellanos
Michael Cera
Richard Chamberlain
Bailey Chase
Johnny Chavez
Candy Clark
Larry Clarke
Scott Coffey*
Frank Collison
Lisa Coronado
Catherine E. Coulson*
Grace Victoria Cox
Jonny Coyne
James Croak
Julee Cruise*
Heather D'Angelo
Jan D'Arcy*
David Dastmalchian
Jeremy Davies
Owain Rhys Davies
Ana de la Reguera
Rebekah Del Rio
Laura Dern
Neil Dickson
Hugh Dillon
Cullen Douglas
Edward "Ted" Dowlin
Judith Drake
David Duchovny*
Christopher Durbin
Francesca Eastwood
Eric Edelstein
John Ennis
Josh Fadem
Tikaeni Faircrest
Eamon Farren
Sherilyn Fenn*
Jay R. Ferguson
Sky Ferreira
Miguel Ferrer*
Rebecca Field
Robin Finck
Brian Finney
Patrick Fischler
Erika Forster
Robert Forster
Meg Foster
Travis Frost
Warren Frost*
Pierce Gagnon
Allen Galli
Hailey Gates
Brett Gelman
Ivy George
Balthazar Getty
James Giordano
Harry Goaz*
Grant Goodeve
George Griffith
Tad Griffith
James Grixoni
Cornelia Guest
Travis Hammer
Hank Harris
Annie Hart
Andrea Hays*
Stephen Heath
Heath Hensley
Gary Hershberger*
Michael Horse*
Ernie Hudson
Jay Jee
Jesse Johnson
Caleb Landry Jones
Ashley Judd
Luke Judy
Stephen Kearin
David Patrick Kelly*
Laura Kenny
Dep Kirkland
Robert Knepper
David Koechner
Virginia Kull
Nicole LaLiberte
Jay Larson
Sheryl Lee*
Jennifer Jason Leigh
Jane Levy
Matthew Lillard
Jeremy Lindholm
Peggy Lipton*
Bellina Martin Logan*
Sarah Jean Long
David Lynch*
Riley Lynch
Shane Lynch
Kyle MacLachlan*
Mark Mahoney
Karl Makinen
Malone
Xolo Maridueña
Berenice Marlohe
Rob Mars
James Marshall*
Elisabeth Maurus
Josh McDermitt
Everett McGill*
Zoe McLane
Derek Mears
Clark Middleton
Greg Mills
James Morrison
Christopher Murray
Don Murray
Joy Nash
Priya Diane Niehaus
Bill O'Dell
Casey O'Neill
Johnny Ochsner
Walter Olkewicz*
Charity Parenzini
Elias Nelson Parenzini
John Paulsen
Sara Paxton
Max Perlich
Linas Phillips
Tracy Phillips
John Pirruccello
Linda Porter
Jelani Quinn
Ruth Radelet
Mary Reber
Adele René
Mariqueen Reznor
Trent Reznor
Carolyn P. Riggs
Kimmy Robertson*
Wendy Robie*
Erik L. Rondell
Marv Rosand*
Ben Rosenfield
Tim Roth
Rod Rowland
Carlton Lee Russell*
Elena Satine
John Savage
Amanda Seyfried
Amy Shiels
Sawyer Shipman
Tom Sizemore
Sara Sohn
Malachy Sreenan
Harry Dean Stanton*
J.R. Starr
Bob Stephenson
Charlotte Stewart*
Emily Stofle
Al Strobel*
Carel Struycken*
Ethan Suplee
Sabrina S. Sutherland
Jessica Szohr
Russ Tamblyn*
Bill Tangradi
Cynthia Lauren Tewes
Jodee Thelen
Jack Torrey
Sharon Van Etten
Eddie Vedder
Greg Vrotsos
Jake Wardle
Naomi Watts
Nafessa Williams
Ray Wise*
Alicia Witt*
Karolina Wydra
Charlyne Yi
Nae Yuuki
Grace Zabriskie*
Christophe Zajac-Denek
Madeline Zima
Blake Zingale

(I changed the m. to www. In the link and requested desktop view, then I could copy in mobile. Stupid Facebook!)

I wish they included the character names as well, as most of these names are unfamiliar to me (too much hassle googling all of them!).

But yeah -- the most flabbergasting omission is Michael Ontkean as the sheriff. I wonder what that was all about? Robert Forster is a great actor (and he looks kinda like an older Ontkean), but still....

Oh yeah, and no Michael J. Anderson as the dwarf.

He had no interest in returning to acting or Twin Peaks, there was nothing speculative about it. 

Robert Forster, out of anyone, is a fine replacement. I'm sure he'll reliably fill the void. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I wish they included the character names as well, as most of these names are unfamiliar to me (too much hassle googling all of them!).

But yeah -- the most flabbergasting omission is Michael Ontkean as the sheriff. I wonder what that was all about? Robert Forster is a great actor (and he looks kinda like an older Ontkean), but still....

Oh yeah, and no Michael J. Anderson as the dwarf.

Here's an easy guide to the returning cast :)

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/returning-cast-members-new-twin-peaks/

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

What about Sully from Commando? AKA Ben Horne's brother. 

He is shown in the link mstrox posted!

Here is a list I came up with of the (living) actors who are not returning for one reason or another...only major characters, or characters that have a relationship to major characters.  I left off some characters who had been killed and aren't reasonably tied to the mystical side of TP

Michael Ontkean   - Sheriff Harry S. Truman

Lara Flynn Boyle - Donna Hayward

Joan Chen - Jocelyn Packard (character deceased, but there was something else going on with her)

Piper Laurie - Catherine Martell

Eric DaRe - Leo Johnson (in a very precarious/deadly situation in the finale)

Chris Mulkey - Hank Jennings

Ian Buchanan -  Dick Tremayne

Mary Jo Deschanel - Eileen Hayward  

Kenneth Welsh - Windom Earle (stuck in the lodge? at the end of the finale) 

Heather Graham - Annie Blackburn

Robyn Lively - Lana Budding Milford

Billy Zane - John Justice Wheeler

Michael J. Anderson - Man From Another Place

Robert Bauer - Johnny Horne

Of those, I'm most bummed about Ontkean, Boyle, Welsh, Graham, and Anderson.  Honestly I'm not ruling out "surprise appearances," but that list seems pretty exhaustive.

Sweet, thanks for that!

Yea Jocelyn got like, stuck in a dresser drawer or something... would have been nice to have gotten a resolution on that in the new series!

She's grown (somewhat) as an actress since then.  I kind of liked her doe-eyed innocence, but she wasn't a super strong link.  Still, seems like there would be more story to tell with Annie (has been to the lodge and escaped, shared a relationship with Cooper who had been changed by his time in the lodge, etc etc)

Ha!  I never knew this before:

David Lynch and the Twin Peaks cast made some damn fine coffee commercials

Check it out:

One of the more memorable combinations of unexpected celebrity pitchmen and utter weirdness arrived on Japanese television in 1991, when Georgia, a Coca-Cola-owned brand of iced coffee drinks, hired David Lynch to direct a series of four commercials for the product.

The spots were set in the town of Twin Peaks and featured FBI Special Agent Dave Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan), along with a number of local citizens, including Deputy Andy Brennan (Harry Goaz), Lucy Moran (Kimmy Robertson), Shelly Johnson (Mädchen E. Amick), Deputy Hawk (Michael Horse), and the Log Lady (Catherine E. Coulson).

A mystery runs through the four commercials, with Agent Cooper—presumably fed up with trying to figure out who killed Laura Palmer and just taking a breather—helping an unnamed Japanese man attempt to find his wife, Asami. Over the course of the ads, which start off in the sheriff’s office, Cooper makes his way to a few notable Twin Peaks landmarks, including Big Ed’s Gas Farm and the Double R Diner, with the grand finale taking place in the woods and necessitating a visit to the Red Room of the Black Lodge. You have to admit, that’s a pretty epic span of events for a series of four commercials.

And here they are!

Piper Laurie Says She Has 'No Idea' Why She Wasn't Included in the Twin Peaks Revival

“I made it very clear to David and the team that I would be delighted to come back. I had a fantastic time on the original and won lots of awards. I’m surprised and I have no idea why I haven’t been called back,” the three-time Oscar-nominee says, noting that she only found out the revival was happening as news was released to the public. “I did send a note to David that I would be delighted to return, but I think most of the material that I was in on the original didn’t really involve the darker aspects of the show, and I can guess maybe that’s where David and Mark Frost are going, but I really don’t know. My character was more on the silly, comic, fun side.”

That's a real shame. :( I liked her character. Given the huge cast they have, I'm sure there's a way they could have worked her in if they really wanted to, even just as a cameo. Who knows. :(

I thought Laurie was no longer with us if I'm honest. My bad. 

I definitely liked her character and it would have been nice to see her return. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

She wasnt a particularly memorable character, IMO.

It's kinda weird that she got so much awards attention for the show.

16 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Well her rival Josie is dead, and the whole Ghostwood Country Club rivaly between her family and the Horne's is one of the less interesting story threads of the series.

Josie was terrible. There, I've said it!