My Very First FSM topic!

KM, résides-tu à Montréal? Mon français n'est pas très bon, mais je peux parler un peu.

No offense, but I can't stand Quebec French (or what little I've heard of it), I can't comprehend it. But then again, they taught us France-French (if you get what I mean). It's much smoother and easier on the ears, and I can understand it to a degree. Quebec french employs too much slang and variations of French words (often in strange combination with English words), it comes in a harsher dialect than what I'm used to hearing.

The Sisters were very particular how you rolled your r's and incorrect pronunciation resulted in the metal ruler or in Mark Royer's case the yard stick. My nanna was by far a better french teacher than most of the nuns. Speaking french to my father and aunt also helped. Having no one to talk french to means I've lost the ability.

Not sure where you're going with that. Dave speaks southern English only.

My parents were married in Paris and spent 2 years there, so I spent my early years learning French from them. Naturally they fell out of touch, and my French has gotten rough too sue to lack of practise.

Stefan, I'm sorry. I still do not agree that your original pedo remarks were a joke, nor were your subsequent posts with additional ad hominems, but posting the two threads on FSM was going too far.

I accept your apology.

My remarks and subsequent posts were jokes, but obviously struck a nerve in a way I never intended. And I apologize for causing you offense.

I doubt I'll be useful in partaking in many other topics*, as most of my entertainment-viewing habits have gone mostly to animated movies and TV fare. Last time I went to the theater was to see Frozen, and I loathe going to movies at a public theater now, for reasons. Can't even recall the last live-action film I watched.

*Although, had this whole thing never started, I likely wouldn't have ever came back here anyway, because... I don't know. Jason friend requesting me on Facebook initiated me to come back here and run a couple of searches. >_>

Being useful, really isnt a factor in becoming an active member of a forum. Of at least it should not be.

If you are a fan of film music in general, John Williams in specific there is much to read an enjoy.

@Basil

So, Basil, you identify as a brony!

You're probably aware the pony known as Derpy has been changed by the animation studio? Formerly, she appeared as a mentally-disabled yellow female pony with deficiencies exhibited for comedic effect. Recently, the show changed the character to be, well, less that. She's been toned down a bit, with her trademark googly eyes being largely straightened, and even the name Derpy being retroactively un-canonized in an episode.

What's happening, Basil?

post-20071-0-70825100-1389873780_thumb.p

Basil - I do hope you stick around. Usefulness is not a virtue of these forums. I've been posting or lurking in various incarnations of this forum for the past fifteen years or so, and I can assure you that we are all quite useless.

JWFanners are about as useless as film music fans get! ;)

I'm looking forward to your contributions Basil. Hope you stick around for the fun.

I didn't know she had a pony. How was I to know she had a pony? Who figures an immigrant's going to have a pony? Do you know what the odds are on that? I mean in all the pictures I saw of immigrants on boats coming into New York harbor, I never saw one of them sitting on a pony! Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense! Am I wrong?

"She was a beautiful pony, and I loved her!"