Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

I find myself more agreeing this fella:

I mean, I agree with the outcome of the new movies, that is. I have no opinion on "SWJs".

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Ummm, no?

This is just a dude who appears to be physically unable to see anything outside of his own viewpoint.

He has a point about Rey's character arc (or lack thereof).

I'm far more interested in Kylo's journey as a character than Rey. She (so far) follows the typical "zero to hero" arc that almost every character in movies nowadays follow.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Ummm, no?

This is just a dude who appears to be physically unable to see anything outside of his own viewpoint.

Why would he see it from Disco Stu's viewpoint? :eh:

I don't have a clue about what he calls the reason but I agree about what is lacking in the movies and why I don't care about the characters or the events. In fact, it's like he's actually seeing it from my viewpoint!

That's on my "to do" list. In the meantime, I'm still none the wiser.

The top one might be the no-talent with the underbite, from TFA. I'm completely in the dark about the bottom one, although she does look nice in her soaking wet top, I'll give you that.

Now...if either Julie Christie, or Helen Mirren did that...

18 hours ago, Richard said:

Who is this person?

...and who is this person?

Are you serious or are you joking? 

It's Daisy Ridley in both pictures, Richard!! 

And didn't I teach you that you can right click on an image in Chrome and choose Search Google For This Image to learn who people are? 

Reminds me of how I treat my parents on using their smart TV.  It also took me the better part of a decade to show them how to use their DVD player, just in time for me to buy them a blu ray player they don't know how to use either.

Question:

Is there any release where someone recorded the full Star wars symphonic suite complete with the same orchestra?

Star Wars Symphonic Suite

I. Main Title
II. The Little People
III. Here They Come
IV. Princess Leia’s Theme
V. The Cantina Band
VI. The Battle
VII. Throne Room & End Title

Metha's LA symphony orchestra is missing 'here they come' and Williams' skywalker symphony orchestra is missing 'the battle'.....

9 hours ago, I Need About Tree Fiddy said:

Who the fuck is Jack Posobiec? 

I believe his "claim to fame" before this was throwing a fit about Rogue One being anti-Trump.

I came across the 1993 Anthology disc for A New Hope for a bargain recently and have been enjoying it. I assume one would be better off with the 2-disc set, but I'm satisfied with this presentation as is. 

But I'm curious, what were these albums like for Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi? Should I seek out the 2-disc sets for those, or are the 75-minute discs for each satisfying?

2 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

But I'm curious, what were these albums like for Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi? Should I seek out the 2-disc sets for those, or are the 75-minute discs for each satisfying?

Well, if you are a real Star Wars and John Williams fan, I guess you should own the 1993 Anthology boxset AND the three 2-CD SE Editions.

We can't really compare them, there are minor changes. The sound is not the same too... Some prefer the sound on the 1993 boxset, some on the SE CDs...

Also the 1993 boxset introduced some alternate in the mix of A New Hope (The Throne Room by example).

There are some left/right channel inversions too I think on the 1993 boxset.

On The Empire CD of 1993 Anthology boxset, there's an EDIT problem in a track involving Yoda's Theme, I don't remember which one.

In the SE version of Jedi, you have the newly recorded finale and the fabulous "Jedi Rocks". :D

Honestly, I prefer the 1993 Anthology. And on it, they reconstructed the "Main Theme" like it was on the original LP. On The SE edition, the Main Theme appears for the first time with no edit.

No set is actually perfect... that's the problem.

Is there music missing in the 1993 albums that's especially important? In A New Hope's case, if I was even more naive on the subject than I already am, I'd assumed this was the complete score.