Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

Would they kill of Lando or would they let him live if he appeared in IX. I think it would be ridiculous to kill off someone like him (or Chewbacca or one of the droids we love) with Han, Luke, and supposedly Leia all gone. 

I suppose that aspect of the sequel trilogy is disheartening to a lot of fans, which I can understand.

I don't see that happening with Lando, because I can't imagine a situation where his death can be presented in a way that's meaningful to the story of this trilogy. Given how things turned out, having him in there may be a good idea. I don't know.

44 minutes ago, Holko said:

he's the only remaining main cast member. 

But he isn't a main cast member.

He's a secondary character.

6 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Because he's just an anchilary character?

I would give that title to Wedge.  Lando became more than that in ROTJ.  My point was... Abrams wanted Wedge to return in TFA but not Lando.

1 minute ago, Chen G. said:

But he isn't a main cast member.

He's a secondary character.

He would be the main character left from the OT, and we've already said they've had big roles thus far.

More Hunt modes are moderately requested on the subreddit, like Wampa Hunt, Tusken Hunt, and yes - Jawa Hunt. 

5 hours ago, someonefun124 said:

It's wise of Disney to focus on IX and forget about the standalone films for the time being.  Kenobi and Fett centered films may have suffered the same fate as Solo.  

I'm wondering if Disney will also rethink the non-Skywalker trilogies they have planned...

Was it ever stated that the Benioff/Weiss series is intended to be non-Skywalker?

6 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Interesting.

Why?

I thought it could be a lot of fun, and good. Out of the Star Wars characters, I think Obi-Wan makes the most sense to have his own spinoff film, especially if they set it between episode 3 and 4. Plus I'd love to see Ewan McGregor in the role again.

3 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

Well ya'll shoulda gone ta see Solo. It's because of all you that it didn't make a billion bucks!

I did my part!  Yes we Han!

I enjoyed it much more than the awfully boring rogue 1

48 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Interesting.

Why?

Piggybacking off what Fancyarcher said, McGregor's performance was one of the few good things about the prequels, and the actor seems to have a genuine affection for the role and Star Wars.

Prequel nostalgia also seems at an all-time high right now, as it's been long enough that older fans who disliked the trilogy (such as I) have rewritten their own personal "canon" around them, the Clone Wars redeemed some aspects of the films for those who watched the series, and young fans who grew up with them have rose-colored glasses for them.

The fanbase is also pretty divided at the moment (though not nearly as divided as some claim to be) and due to the sheer amount of fan begging there is for it, it may be one of the few things Disney can do to unite the fandom back together. They're fools if they don't think a Kenobi standalone with McGregor will be a box office hit.

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Then you'll love Rogue 2 - twice as much fun!

I hear the main villain is quite hissable.

They could call it Tatooine* and just be as disco as possible. Since the last few movies have avoided Tatooine and also avoided pretty much every known alien species that we met there, there is a crapton of beloved stuff that they could “bring back”. Jawa love busses, Sandpeople, Walrus-men, Hammerheads, Rodians, crazy wizards, speed-racing teenagers, Devanorian space satans, hookers and boots and spice and Ackmena.

* Anyway, they couldn’t title it Obi-Wan. “I haven’t gone by the name of Obi-Wan since, oh, before you were born.”

1 hour ago, John said:

Piggybacking off what Fancyarcher said, McGregor's performance was one of the few good things about the prequels.

I hear that a lot, but I never quite got it. I suppose if there's an actor that delivers an alright performance around actors that don't - than by comparison his performance will be seen as "good".

Really, if I were to point out the standout actor in the prequel cast, it would have to be Ian McDiarmid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4k83 is also coming along nicely. Now that will be a landmark: Lapti Nek, Sebastian Shaw's Anakin, beakless sarlacc and nonblinking Ewoks for the first time in HD! (meaning not coming from an upscale of the Laserdisc badly put on DVD)

39 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

And these new ones don't?

Harmy is a hybrid of several sources; 4K77 is from a single, original 1977 35mm Technicolor release print, scanned at full 4K, cleaned at 4K, and rendered at 4K (though there's a 1080p version as well).

Harmy, though it's 720p, is closer to what a proper Blu-Ray release would look like. 4K77 is closer to what you might have seen in a theatre in 1977.

52 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Werent the Harmy ones in HD?

Harmy used a myriad of sources, and a lot of times the only way was upscaling the 2006 DVD transfer of the 1993 Laserdisc master, which has other problems beside resolution.

4k77 uses a 4K scan of a single 35mm Technicolor print from 1977 for 97% of its footage.

4k83 likewise uses new fanmade 4K scans of a well-preserved original 35mm strip, that's in pristine condition with very little dirt and only minor damage.

4k80 is also planned down the line, but I think they're still looking for great quality sources to scan.

36 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Disney would oppose to this pose.

Featuring the famous tape which every day a lucky crew member could rip off! There is no underwear in space.