Jay

STAR WARS general thread

1152 posts in this topic

Fan made Jedi with a go pro video

Pretty cool, but there are more sound effects than just those found in the TPM video game.

Yep, Return of the Jedi is notorious for being the most profitable "unprofitable" films of all time.

He's been pretty honest over the years that he doesn't have a hugely high opinion of the Prequels.

^ "I hate the Prequels"** - Simon Pegg.

**Except when Dave Filoni provides a paycheck for voicing Dengar in Clone Wars prequel based material.

At this point, I'm concerned we may never stop seeing new "Star Wars," what with the one-a-year-until-the-end-of-time plan that Disney and Lucasfilm announced. It feels like we're eventually going to see movies about every thing that has ever crossed the screen even fleetingly, and while that's good news because the sheer manpower required to pull it all off means I have a good shot at both writing and directing "Gonk: A Star Wars Story" in 2041, it also means it all feels a little less special, and it's harder for me to get excited in the way I did back in 1997 and 1998.

This.

Bespin likes this

Great flick. The best in the series, and one of Disney's finest films.

Serious? You saw this?

The last Disney animated movie I saw was... when I was a kid, sorry. ;)

EDIT: not true, I remember sleeping in the theater when I saw (part) of Toy Story (the first, because now there is surely 3 or 4...). That was a great sleep.

Then you don't know what you've missed!

Spielberg even claimed Cinderella III is his favourite animated movie.

That's because he's senile. But wait a few more years, it can happens to me too.

About the only thing that excites me anymore is going to Disneyland and watching DS9.

You went through the trouble of watching Cinderella III?!!

I don't think I've ever heard of that movie, and if I did, it's not something I would search for.