Jay

STAR WARS general thread

On 02/01/2018 at 1:30 AM, Woj said:

If you have a Netflix account, watch the first episode of The Toys that Made Us. Pretty interesting documentary about the history of the entire Star Wars toy line and negotiations, the rise and fall and rebirth from the months before May 1977 through The Force Awakens. 

I watched this - it was really interesting! Especially the fact that they basically had nothing to sell for the first year-ish after Star Wars (New Hope) was released and offered the empty boxes with the promise of toys to come soon...If I were a kid and got one of those boxes for Christmas, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have comprehended and would have had the worst Christmas ever!

The postulation that the trilogy was permanently altered for the SE with no hope of the "original versions" ever being seen again never had any basis in fact. Lucas has said the original version doesn't exist anymore or something like that, but I think he obviously meant that was how he viewed it-- the SE was the only version to him.

Lucas preserved everything from those movies. Like Jack Nicholson, he warned 'em when the last VHS set was released. Besides, the versions with Naboo, Hayden and Sebulba are better anyway.

I will say that having the dailies is a lot different than having a print of the finished, edited film with sound, effects, color correction, etc.  I've never bought the whole "there is no possible way to release the original original trilogy" thing - I think that was a lot of panicked fanboy spin of a series of statements that more-than-likely really meant "It would be pretty expensive to do" and "I don't want to."

Wait, nobody wants to see the "original versions" released. They are obsolete, I mean the real original-original versions. Do you watched them recently? My god... No, you don't want that to be released on a Blu-Ray!!!

What we want is I think a properley restored version of the original movies.

I can take all the brightness/contrasts imprivements (Hoth battle, Dagobah, Vader on his ship, etc.), also you can leave the "good" improvements like the crowd in the Throne Room Sequence.

Just remove the "added" and annoying things (the Jabba scene in ANH, the original arrival scene in Mos Eisley, the original cantina scene, the original Lapti Nek, the original Sebastian Shaw ghost, etc.)

11 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I will say that having the dailies is a lot different than having a print of the finished, edited film with sound, effects, color correction, etc.  I've never bought the whole "there is no possible way to release the original original trilogy" thing - I think that was a lot of panicked fanboy spin of a series of statements that more-than-likely really meant "It would be pretty expensive to do" and "I don't want to."

Back when Hayden debuted in Jedi, the DVDs were accompanied by a documentary featuring footage from the unaltered version in superb picture quality.

I really hope Disney is planing to released a "Star Wars John Williams Lego Kit".

Each block would represent few bars from a familiar theme, so children will be able to create their own Star Wars tracks with the themes they want!

Note that the box comes with extra blocks of the "Force Theme" and "long bass note" (to allow you to end all your favorite tracks).

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « "john williams" lego »

Regardless of whether you loved or hated The Last Jedi, this here is totally hilarious and well worth a watch:

All those story flaws and disgruntled fans are worth it, even if only for comedy gold like this to poke fun at them.