Jay

STAR WARS general thread

Well, we already know about six of them officially:  Johnson's trilogy, the Game of Thrones guys' "series," which I take to mean more than two.  And one unofficially:  Mangold's Booba Foot movie.   And one even less officially - the nebulous rumor of an Obi-Wan movie or trilogy.

Given the long preproduction cycle, and the one-a-year schedule they seem to be keeping, I have no doubt that they have a ton of stuff in the works in various capacities. They were working on Rogue One, Solo, and Episode VIII in one capacity or another even while TFA was shooting.

18 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Well, we already know about six of them officially:  Johnson's trilogy, the Game of Thrones guys' "series," which I take to mean more than two.  And one unofficially:  Mangold's Booba Foot movie.   And one even less officially - the nebulous rumor of an Obi-Wan movie or trilogy.

Given the long preproduction cycle, and the one-a-year schedule they seem to be keeping, I have no doubt that they have a ton of stuff in the works in various capacities. They were working on Rogue One, Solo, and Episode VIII in one capacity or another even while TFA was shooting.

Didn't you forget Ep. IX? ;)

I'm quite sure at least 2 or 3 of these 9 are just in the "exploring concepts" phase.

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

The Clone Wars (TV)

Revenge of the Sith

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Solo 2*

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story*

Fett: A Star Wars Story*

Lando: A Star Wars Story*

Ackbar: A Star Wars Story++

Rogue One

Rebels (TV)

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Resistance (TV)

Favreau Series (TV)

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

The Last One

Rian Johnson Trilogy

Beinoff/Weiss Trilogy

*-predicted/projected

++ hopeful

I read an interesting idea of what a Fett film should be: an action-filled fun romp where he never takes off his helmet and barely talks. A bit like Max in Fury Road.

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

I read an interesting idea of what a Fett film should be: an action-filled fun romp where he never takes off his helmet and barely talks. A bit like Max in Fury Road.

That's would be the only plausible one. Him taking off his helmet would only bring back the prequels in my mind. I feel like if they just made a Solo trilogy, they can incorporate Maul and Fett into the Solo story without having to make totally separate movies. A Cad Bane cameo would be lovely too. 

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Solo 2*

After Solo's disastrous box office performance, I wouldn't count on it.

It's a bummer, because I mostly liked Solo, and it left plenty of room for a potentially even more interesting follow-up.

True. 

There just wasn't enough "in-the-middle" Star Wars fans (heck even general movie goers) that wanted to see it. Only the few who did, and although they liked it, they weren't enough to make it money. Disney may go for it though, just in December from now on.

21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

The Clone Wars (TV)

Revenge of the Sith

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Solo 2*

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story*

Fett: A Star Wars Story*

Lando: A Star Wars Story*

Ackbar: A Star Wars Story++

Rogue One

Rebels (TV)

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Resistance (TV)

Favreau Series (TV)

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

The Last One

Rian Johnson Trilogy

Beinoff/Weiss Trilogy

*-predicted/projected

++ hopeful

I understand Rebels is before Rogue One.

I am guessing/hoping the upcoming projects go something like this:

Return of the Jedi

Favreau Series (TV)

Beinoff/Weiss Trilogy

[time break]

Resistance (TV)

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

The Last One

Rian Johnson Trilogy

Oh thank goodness. Now we only need Rian's trilogy and the GoT guys' movies to take place far, far away from the Skywalker storyline either in time or space. They'll be more refreshing and simpler to ignore if terrible.