Jay

STAR WARS general thread

Recommended Posts

Well, we already know about six of them officially:  Johnson's trilogy, the Game of Thrones guys' "series," which I take to mean more than two.  And one unofficially:  Mangold's Booba Foot movie.   And one even less officially - the nebulous rumor of an Obi-Wan movie or trilogy.

 

Given the long preproduction cycle, and the one-a-year schedule they seem to be keeping, I have no doubt that they have a ton of stuff in the works in various capacities. They were working on Rogue One, Solo, and Episode VIII in one capacity or another even while TFA was shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Well, we already know about six of them officially:  Johnson's trilogy, the Game of Thrones guys' "series," which I take to mean more than two.  And one unofficially:  Mangold's Booba Foot movie.   And one even less officially - the nebulous rumor of an Obi-Wan movie or trilogy.

 

Given the long preproduction cycle, and the one-a-year schedule they seem to be keeping, I have no doubt that they have a ton of stuff in the works in various capacities. They were working on Rogue One, Solo, and Episode VIII in one capacity or another even while TFA was shooting.

 

Didn't you forget Ep. IX? ;)

 

I'm quite sure at least 2 or 3 of these 9 are just in the "exploring concepts" phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

 

The Clone Wars (TV)

 

Revenge of the Sith

 

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Solo 2*

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story*

Fett: A Star Wars Story*

Lando: A Star Wars Story*

Ackbar: A Star Wars Story++

Rogue One

Rebels (TV)

 

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

 

Resistance (TV)

Favreau Series (TV)

 

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

The Last One

 

Rian Johnson Trilogy

Beinoff/Weiss Trilogy

 

*-predicted/projected

++ hopeful

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an interesting idea of what a Fett film should be: an action-filled fun romp where he never takes off his helmet and barely talks. A bit like Max in Fury Road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Holko said:

I read an interesting idea of what a Fett film should be: an action-filled fun romp where he never takes off his helmet and barely talks. A bit like Max in Fury Road.

That's would be the only plausible one. Him taking off his helmet would only bring back the prequels in my mind. I feel like if they just made a Solo trilogy, they can incorporate Maul and Fett into the Solo story without having to make totally separate movies. A Cad Bane cameo would be lovely too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Solo 2*

 

After Solo's disastrous box office performance, I wouldn't count on it.

 

It's a bummer, because I mostly liked Solo, and it left plenty of room for a potentially even more interesting follow-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True. 

 

There just wasn't enough "in-the-middle" Star Wars fans (heck even general movie goers) that wanted to see it. Only the few who did, and although they liked it, they weren't enough to make it money. Disney may go for it though, just in December from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

 

The Clone Wars (TV)

 

Revenge of the Sith

 

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Solo 2*

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story*

Fett: A Star Wars Story*

Lando: A Star Wars Story*

Ackbar: A Star Wars Story++

Rogue One

Rebels (TV)

 

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

 

Resistance (TV)

Favreau Series (TV)

 

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

The Last One

 

Rian Johnson Trilogy

Beinoff/Weiss Trilogy

 

*-predicted/projected

++ hopeful

 

 

I understand Rebels is before Rogue One.

 

I am guessing/hoping the upcoming projects go something like this:

 

Return of the Jedi

Favreau Series (TV)

Beinoff/Weiss Trilogy

 

[time break]

 

Resistance (TV)

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

The Last One

Rian Johnson Trilogy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh thank goodness. Now we only need Rian's trilogy and the GoT guys' movies to take place far, far away from the Skywalker storyline either in time or space. They'll be more refreshing and simpler to ignore if terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now