BloodBoal

JWFan has been past it's prime for at least 8 years or so. Some of our best members left, those that stayed (including me) found themselves repeating...themselves over and over again. And the new members just aren't quite as good.

It doesnt help that John Williams barely writes anything anymore.

Aaaahhh...the good old days. I still remember them.

I think JWFan hit its prime when we all started talking about ponies and magical friendships. Those were the days....

Yes.

How can it not be without Ollie, John C, Ray Bradsbury, Morlock, Breathmask (though he posts a little bit now), and the rest that are long gone?

Yup, we've lost quite a few valuable voices, but we've gained many as well. I think you could make the argument that the overall tone has grown somewhat more caustic over the years, although some people like that.

JWFan has been past it's prime for at least 8 years or so. Some of our best members left, those that stayed (including me) found themselves repeating...themselves over and over again. And the new members just aren't quite as good.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the new members aren't "quite as good". There are some new ones that are good. But ya I agree with the rest of this.

The message board is past its prime only in the sense that we don't have much Williams material these days. There was a nice little glimmer when War Horse and Tintin came out. Until Star Wars comes out next year (supposedly) to reignite the board, it'll probably be about the same.

Yes.

How can it not be without Ollie, John C, Ray Bradsbury, Morlock, Breathmask (though he posts a little bit now), and the rest that are long gone?

Yup, we've lost quite a few valuable voices, but we've gained many as well. I think you could make the argument that the overall tone has grown somewhat more caustic over the years, although some people like that.

Definitely. KK, Pilgrim, and some other of the newer members help keep the heart beating.

Yes.

Definitely. KK, Pilgrim, and some other of the newer members help keep the heart beating.

Pilgrims's newer than me!

Yes.

Pilgrims's newer than me!

I don't consider you new.

Why has Trent got a Vince Cable avatar?

The self-proclaimed Trekkie for life has Mitch Pilleggi (of TXF fame) from some Stargate Atlantis episode where he got possessed.

I haven't bothered changing the title but ya it's of Mitch's character Colonel Caldwell from the Atlantis episode "Critical Mass".

I'm not really whining, just agreeing with Steef that most of us "older" members have seen things come and go. There were some good people that left and haven't come back. Sorta not the same with out them.

Edit: BTW regarding my deal for "Trekkie For Life". I am a Trekkie For Life but I also like other things IE: Stargate (all variations).

No.

This place is better than ever. Those new guys are just great, even if they are too much Lotr orientated but otherwise ok.

Those whiners only have some personal issues.

The new coming of the JWFan started on 10th of June 2010.

Granted I've only seen 3, 4 at the most years of this site, but the only thing that's worsened in that time is the quality/quantity of actual JW discussion. And is that surprising? Not really. Like I've said before, once 2015 rolls around, this place will light up. With a somewhat different crowd, yes. But that is the way of things. As long as Steef is here, I think all is well, as he's the defining element of JWFAn, a physical embodiment of the spirit of this place.

We do need more women though.

Considering how sick people here got of the Hobbit threads, I wonder what it was like in the LotR days.