The actor/actress you just can't stand

Joni Wiljami

I'm not to the point of "I can't stand her", but I would be just fine if Jennifer Lawrence took a break after finishing The Hunger Games and X-Men. She's a great actress, but her popularity is getting on the wrong side of annoying.

I'm not to the point of "I can't stand her", but I would be just fine if Jennifer Lawrence took a break after finishing The Hunger Games and X-Men. She's a great actress, but her popularity is getting on the wrong side of annoying.

Would her continuing high profile be alright for one more movie if she went topless in it?

The distinction should be made between actors we don't like, and not liking the films that they are in.

For instance: while I appreciated Daniel Day-Lewis in "Lincoln", I didn't much like the film, so my opinion of him, and his portrayal was coloured by my reaction to the film.

On the other hand, I'll watch anything with Sam Neill in it, simply because it has Sam Neill in it. I have been a fan of his work ever since I watched "My Brilliant Career".

Most actors are fine in most films. Most actors, however, are not able to rise above the material that they are offered, and that is, probably, why they are not liked. That's why Mr. Clooney is fine in fluff like "Ocean's 11", but not so good in "Syriana". Mel Gibson as Hamlet? Please...

For me, people like Oldman, Hurt (J), Hurt (W), Malkovich, Mirren, Newman ("The Verdict" is great!"), Neill, Freeman (Mo), and Streep can take material and (usually) make something more out of it than just a run-of-the-mill performance. That's what makes them great actors.

P.s. to whoever said they don't like Jerry Lewis: WATCH "THE KING OF COMEDY"!!!

Would her continuing high profile be alright for one more movie if she went topless in it?

Maybe.

Maybe.

Winter's Bone seemed so long ago now.

We have snow around here (I think it snowed twice in my hometown in the last 100 years), but facing the Atlantic as we are, we're having a winter of very rough seas. It's quite scary

Here it's been the second warmest winter in the recorded measurements.

Here it's the warmest winter since records began. It's friggin' February and nature thinks it's spring.

Alex

Hey! What happened to the hatred and bile in this thread? This is a place where we dislike things like actors and actresses, not gawk and wonder at the coming of early spring. I mean really! What has this place become?!!! :stick:

But hang on - doesn't Hornist tend to feel major indifference towards most movies in general anyway?

Hey, what kind of weirdo you are considering me? Geez.

As for the original question: all the actresses except Karen Allen

Susan Sarandon

Helen Mirren

Judi Dentch

Samuel L. Jackson is getting annoying. His characters lately never feel like there's a sincere effort put into it

It's true for the most part.

Karol