Sign in to follow this  
Strangways

Evening all.

Hello, obviously rather new to the forum I ambled over on the invite of Mr Shark as he's known here from a Bond forum. In true fashion I took thought in a decent username but settled for one I would've used on the Bond forum years ago :) What's-in-a-name.

Been a fan of Williams' work probably since childhood when watching Close Encounters and ET chiefly. A couple of years ago I found and became quite fond of his Paper Chase music.

Speech over :)

And so was I. Makeshift Python here. Thanks Shark for the invite.

Here's a little about myself. When it comes to film scores, those who I'd consider the top tier are John Williams (of course), John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, Bernard Herrmann. If you ever look through my collection, they take a big chunk of it. Not to take away from others I enjoy listening to such as Elmer Bernstein, Eric Serra, Elliot Goldenthal, Alexander Courage, Basil Poledouris, Ron Jones, Leonard Rosenman, Hans Zimmer, John Horner, Bill Conti, and much more that might have slipped my mind. I've always gravitated more to instrumental music, only know a few songs that I can recall lyrics because I've always listened to the tone of thier singing rather than what they're actually saying, if that makes any sense. That's just the way I listen to music.

My favorite medium is film, as I agree with the sentiment that it's the ultimate medium as a movie can carry the best of all mediums in one package. I'll likely post in threads like that, but I'll have something to say for Williams and other great composers. Looking forward to getting into discussions here.

And so was I. Makeshift Python here. Thanks Shark for the invite.

Here's a little about myself. When it comes to film scores, those who I'd consider the top tier are John Williams (of course), John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, Bernard Herrmann. If you ever look through my collection, they take a big chunk of it. Not to take away from others I enjoy listening to such as Elmer Bernstein, Eric Serra, Elliot Goldenthal, Alexander Courage, Basil Poledouris, Ron Jones, Leonard Rosenman, Hans Zimmer, John Horner, Bill Conti, and much more that might have slipped my mind. I've always gravitated more to instrumental music, only know a few songs that I can recall lyrics because I've always listened to the tone of thier singing rather than what they're actually saying, if that makes any sense. That's just the way I listen to music.

My favorite medium is film, as I agree with the sentiment that it's the ultimate medium as a movie can carry the best of all mediums in one package. I'll likely post in threads like that, but I'll have something to say for Williams and other great composers. Looking forward to getting into discussions here.

Amen to that, and great taste. Nice to have you as well.

What are you up to Mr. Shark? Planning to take over management here too are you? ;)

All kidding aside, welcome, both of you! Hopefully you'll find the loads of discussion here fruitful, and maybe we won't scare you away!

Who knew Sharky was such a well known figure elsewhere, and a recruiter!

This was a case of life jackets from a sinking ship. Expect more in the next few days.

Good to hear. Hate to leave CJB, Hilly and others behind.

Hilly's Strangways.