Matrix Revolutions (Expanded Archival Edition) from La-La Land Records

Jay

THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1281

Music by Don Davis

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 25

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

ORDER “THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” starting Feb 25 at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get yours autographed by composer Don Davis at no additional charge. Autographs are available while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

matrixrevolutions-Web.jpg

La-La Land Records, WEA and Warner Bros. presents the latest release in its Expanded Archival Collection, the 2-CD remastered and expanded re-issue of renowned composer Don Davis’ (BOUND, THE MATRIX, THE MATRIX RELOADED) original score to the 2003 conclusion of the famed sci-fi/action THE MATRIX trilogy, THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne and Carrie-Anne Moss, and directed by The Wachowski Siblings. Composer Davis closes out one of the most notable sci-fi trilogies in all of filmdom with an astounding original score that is a stunning culmination of his breathtaking MATRIX masterworks. Expanded over two discs, with a running time of over two full hours, this presentation of MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Mike Matessino, contains music recorded for, but ultimately unused, in the final film, as well as bonus alternate cues. Film music journalist Tim Greiving takes the listener down the rabbit hole with his exclusive, in-depth liners while Dan Goldwasser’s sharp art design recalls THE MATRIX universe with style. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1. Logos/Main Title 1:24

2. Nothing But Blue Pills*/AK, Cold and Mauser*/Our Lit Ovens* 2:24

3. Oracle Debacle* 1:38

4. Rama-Kandra/The Trainman Cometh [Juno Reactor and Don Davis] 2:42

5. The Trainman Goeth* 1:50

6. Tetsujin [Juno Reactor and Don Davis] 3:23

7. The Road to Hell*/Time’s Up*/The Road to Sourceville 5:46

8. He Is You* 1:36

9. The First Goodbye*/The All-Knowing Oracle* 5:32

10. The Logos Location*/It’s Crazy Zee** 5:08

11. Das Banegold*/The Bane Revelation 8:08

12. The Smith Within Us* 6:05

13. Men in Metal 2:22

14. Niobe’s Run/The Breach*/Boom Hilda* 6:52

15. Die Brünett Walküre*/Mjolnir Mastication*/Charra Broiled* 4:46

16. Woman Can Drive/Moribund Mifune 6:33

TOTAL DISC TIME: 66:22

DISC 2

1. Kidfried/To Our Snivel* 6:19

2. Neovision* 3:20

3. Saw Bitch Workhorse 4:00

4. Trinity Definitely 4:17

5. Deus Ex Machina* 5:06

6. Neodämmerung 6:00

7. Why, Mr. Anderson?/Spirit of the Universe** 7:11

8. Bridge of Immortality/For Neo 4:59

9. Navras [Juno Reactor and Don Davis] 9:08

BONUS TRACKS

10. The Trainman Cometh (original version)* 2:43

11. Die Brünett Walküre (alternate)* 2:13

12. For Neo (extended ending)* 3:04

13. In My Head [perf. Pale 3] 3:48

TOTAL DISC TIME: 62:27

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 128:49

*previously unreleased

**contains material not used in film

RELOADED SPECIAL! Get MATRIX RELOADED at a special sale price of $24.98! Only at www.lalalandrecords.com Sale price starts 2/25 at 12pm (PST) and runs through 3/10

http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?6d97v--3fzp7-ag4f6q6&_v=2

Yeah, I was unlucky this time, I was about 18 in front owing to my computer's decision to bug out while trying to finish the transaction. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. Still getting an awesome soundtrack out of it!

Mine's only $9,000.

I'm selling my autographed copy for $10,000 if you're interested.

Hey I am selling my Bill Conti autograph on the Masters of the Universe CD sleeve for 20 000€. And that is just the autograph, you don't get the CDs.

I don't get the whole order number thing, but a post about order numbers on an Internet message board is just as meaningful as any other post on an Internet message board so I guess it's fine.

I do have to laugh at this particular thread, though, because one guy seems to be SO PISSED that other people have earlier numbers than him.

I don't get the whole order number thing, but a post about order numbers on an Internet message board is just as meaningful as any other post on an Internet message board so I guess it's fine.

I do have to laugh at this particular thread, though, because one guy seems to be SO PISSED that other people have earlier numbers than him.

It's just another excuse for certain FSM members to hurl abuse at one another, not that they really need one!

You definitely should apologise for using this language here!

Karol

Adûnaic is a noble invented language. There is nothing to apologize for!

On a side note, I wish they quoted this in the new film, instead of Poledouris. Would have been much more fitting.

EDIT:

Speaking of which, the fourth film rumours are circulating again.

It's neither good, nor bad idea. I'd like to see Don Davis on board again, if that happens. And if he finds anything new to say on the subject.
Karol

That link leads back to the top of the page.

I don't doubt that The Matrix needs a proper conclusion. The final fight was the only bit that worked and even then the whole 'Jesus thing' (as the Wachowskis refer to it) kind of ruined it. It's one of the few films that I feel actually needs a sequel: Star Wars and Terminator do not.

From what Wachowskis said recently about the trilogy, it was never set to satisfy average moviegoer and give them more of the first film. They had a, probably misguided, but interesting take on how this should play out.

Karol

From what Wachowskis said recently about the trilogy, it was never set to satisfy average moviegoer and give them more of the first film. They had a, probably misguided, but interesting take on how this should play out.

Karol

Revolutions failed to satisfy anybody, not just the average moviegoer.

Karol

There are some fans of it, actually.

But that's not my point - apparently it's ambiguities are and unresolved questions were what they had in mind.

Karol

Karol

There are some fans of it, actually.

But that's not my point - apparently it's ambiguities are and unresolved questions were what they had in mind.

Karol

Karol

I get the point: it was meant to provoke questions. I just don't think it did that very well, and you can be ambiguous and provoke questions while having a satisfying conclusion, which I think Revolutions failed to do. It's not a horrible movie, it just put a little too much emphasis on some places and not enough on others. The final fight was spectacular, what I would have expected it to be. Maybe it's because I felt the whole 'he is you' and the sacrifice at the end kind of felt ill-explained, ill-defined.

Satisfied or not, I don't want another Matrix movie. People should learn to leave franchises that are over be. At this rate, no franchise will ever have a definitive ending.

Star Wars was over. But no! Let's make another one!

Indiana Jones was over. But no! Let's make another one!

Terminator was over. But no! Let's make another one!

The Matrix was over. But no! Let's make another one!

By making more and more episodes in each franchise, you're making each franchise less and less special...

Strictly speaking, even though I said they do need to make a conclusion, technically that eventuality was already handled by the online game.

In any case, aside from these soundtracks, I've heard nothing else about The Matrix since MxO shut down. Perhaps that is for the best. We'll leave the other stuff to the fanfic writers.

Well first off, The Matrix was never supposed to have sequels. The first one had a satisfying conclusion. Then it was this huge blockbuster so they essentially did one more outing (Reloaded and Revolitions were filmed back-to-back) and tarnished the mythos. The two sequels have fantastic action scenes, but the stories make absolutely no sense.

I believe it was in the wake of Avatar's success that the Wachowski's said they were thinking about another trilogy that would pioneer 3D like the first one pioneered CGI.

I've never been a big fan of the trilogy. The first film, it's OK (its atmosphere is brilliant, imo), Reloaded and Revolutions are still enjoyable, though.

I've not been a fan of The Matrix. The first film I avoided for a long time, but finally someone forced me to watch it. I had no big interest in computer or games, so the concept eluded me. But, over time, it became that it was the same classic tale we all know repackaged for new generation. And, as such, it was really great. The score, of course, requires some appreciation. It's not something a 14 year old would necessarily go and buy. But it intrigued me, nevertheless and at some point I bought the 30-minute album.

Reloaded I found quite enjoyable, a bit flat and unexciting, but there is enough to keep me interested. I think I've seen it 5 times on big screen at the time it came out. The Architect climax never bothered me, I liked that it put everything we knew on its head. Don Davis' music for that film was probably the ideal combination of more mainstream sound with what he came up for the first film. Also, it is the only part of the trilogy that successfully integrates all the genres and feel like they were part of some sort of design. That is why it doesn't bother my LLL album's flow is broken by other things. It's how it should be.

As for the third film, I only watched it once in full (maybe twice, can't remember) and I still can't believe how disappointing it was. Nothing really seemed to work, and while I can now, after the fact, appreciate certain aspects of it, it never occurred to me that I could rewatch it in full. The score I know from the soundtrack album, not sure how it all plays out on 2-hour presentation. The original album is quite an intense listening experience. Maybe introducing new material, largely unfamiliar to me, will smooth things down a bit. In either case, I can't wait to get it.

Should they make more films? I don't know. It doesn't need to be bad, really. With a right idea, it could explore some other things. The Animatrix shorts were also co-written by Wachowskis and they still remain really enjoyable. With the right imaginative approach the franchise could still soar.

Karol

I find it interesting when someone doesn't like a movie, it seems it doesn't make sense. :)

Yep.

Not necessarily true, at least in my case. Perhaps not understanding is more clear than doesn't make sense, but both kinda go hand-in-hand when it comes to The Matrix sequels. In the first film everything works, but in Reloaded stuff like the French man's monologue at dinner before the chateau fight is just ridiculous. It's just a bunch of nonsense crammed together to make it sound cool.