Herosix

Good evening from France

Hello,

I'm Gautier, a french young men (17) coming in this site because I'm very interesseted by scores but I've no one to speak about... :)

I came here while I searched bad news about Zimmer (yes, I'm - unfortunately for some - anti-Zimmer :P ) !

My cultures about scores beeing little (about 55 scores heard), I hope you'll be there to learn me things :mrgreen: and to meet english people of course !

Otherwise, I'm affraid to say I never listen JW (shame on me !) except HP, Star Wars themes but this is time for changements !

My favorites composers are Patrick Doyle and Harry Gregson-Williams (and maybe James Newton Howard recently... I need more knowledges about him to assert that ^^).

Voilà :)

Bye and see you soon - if you want stranger in your JW circle ... :rolleyes: -

I came here while I searched bad news about Zimmer (yes, I'm - unfortunately for some - anti-Zimmer :P ) !

I'm always searching for bad news about Zimmer, myself. You couldn't be more welcome here.

LOL

I'm always searching for bad news about Zimmer, myself. You couldn't be more welcome here.

I really laughed. Thank you :)

Indeed, I found many websites criticizing Zimmer and even worse sometimes !

It's good if we can talk about this "pseudo-war" againt Zimmer. I don't like him, and I find some of his piece a little too simple (using always the easy way...) but I recognize he did a good job on Gladiator, didn't he ?

Is there a thread to discuss about him ? I like different points of view in fact :)

(I'm sorry, but what is Shark(e)y ? ^^)

Sharky is another member here. Mr. Shark.

We have a Hans appreciation thread, but don't worry. Most threads can turn into a Hans unappreciation thread at the drop of a hat.

Whereas John Williams will probably get a disinterested shrug from half the fellows here. ;)

It's easier to hate than love!

Well I tend to write novel sized posts on music that I love, not the stuff I hate or am ambivalent about. :)

Well I tend to write novel sized posts on music that I love, not the stuff I hate or am ambivalent about. :)

A good way to think !

But as Who? said, it's easier to hate... but if it's argumented it's better, though !

And thank you KK :) (my god in french the sonority of KK made me laugh... I know, bad joke and only me can understand that :( .)

And thank you KK :) (my god in french the sonority of KK made me laugh... I know, bad joke and only me can understand that :( .)

Haha. I speak French (not all too well though) too, so yes, I get where you're coming from :P

You know what they say: "There's a fine line between love and hate".

Maybe by hating Zimmer, we can learn to love him!

The more we hate Zimmer's worst, the more we appreciate his best!

I'm Canadian. It's mandatory to learn both English and French in our elementary years, and I then I pursued the language in high school as well.

Mais comme je l'ai dit, je ne suis pas un expert.

I'm Canadian. It's mandatory to learn both English and French in our elementary years, and I then I pursued the language in high school as well.

Mais comme je l'ai dit, je ne suis pas un expert.

Peut-être que tu en es un sans le savoir.

So, finally, you learn French since how many years ? Are you bound to the Québec ?

From the age of 6/8 to 18. And no, I'm not from Quebec, I'm from Toronto, Ontario. But funny enough, my parents were married in Paris, and I've been to France many times (where my French has been laughed at once or twice :P).

Somehow... You have a double identity :P ! That's rather cool !

At your home, do you speak french ? (you said that your parents were married in Paris so... I deduce they are French)