Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection

Faleel

It's not a case of fidelity to the original story.

I would love a version of the story done with the ARTISTY of POCAHONTAS!

That works for children and adults.

( I'm not trying to destroy your childhood memory, just being objective about the quality of the film😉)

4 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I like it a lot, and not just because it was a childhood favourite, I think. But my above comment wasn't related to the film in any way, this is a thread about the music. Come to think of it, I don't even know if there has been any kind of soundtrack release for it (there might well have been one, but I don't have it).

There hasn't been, at least not with any of George Bruns's score. I think some re-recordings of the songs...

It's a holy grail of mine!

• 1 month later...

What major animated scores are still awaiting the Legacy Collection treatment? 

Would be nice if that division of WDR could finally turn their attention to Star Wars or Indiana Jones expansions.

With the music exclusively supervised by Mike, of course. 

I wonder how recent they are considering titles, given that they did Toy Story. I'd consider A Bug's Life as a curiosity. (although admittedly the isolated score on the DVD sort of lowers that a bit)

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

There is no shortage of older stuff that never received a proper soundtrack album to begin with. Besides, since they also made one of these sets for Toy Story 1, that might mean the rest of Pixar's catalog are also up for consideration as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mulan or Hercules were up next. Particularly Hercules. Menken titles are the sole focus of this series lately. Perhaps he is pushing for these from behind the scenes. Regrettably, we don't have Jerry for that.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Would be nice if that division of WDR could finally turn their attention to Star Wars or Indiana Jones expansions.

I'd be very, very surprised if those weren't somewhere on their to-do list. This stuff will sell - and not just to a niche community of "very respectable" folks like us. Though anything like that will most definitely not come under the LC banner. That'd be very weird.

I hope they hand these over to Intrada instead. Those guys know how to handle this stuff with care - definitely better than WD's in-house folks. And they are less inclined to casually edit smaller irrelevant pieces together to make longer cues. I mean that approach works well in some cases. But not very often.

15 hours ago, Drawgoon said:

There is no shortage of older stuff that never received a proper soundtrack album to begin with. Besides, since they also made one of these sets for Toy Story 1, that might mean the rest of Pixar's catalog are also up for consideration as well.

Agreed, the door seems to be open for more Pixar stuff at least. Mary Poppins also got a LC release so that would suggest any of the live action film's could be done sometime as well. 

16 hours ago, Drawgoon said:

I hope they hand these over to Intrada instead. Those guys know how to handle this stuff with care - definitely better than WD's in-house folks. And they are less inclined to casually edit smaller irrelevant pieces together to make longer cues. I mean that approach works well in some cases. But not very often.

Since Intrada just released Willow it gives me hope that Lucasfilm titles could be done by them. But as they're big titles both SW and IJ would probably be kept in house.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone outside the US ordered from disneymusic emporium?

I want to but Hunchback and Aladdin and i make mock orders to check and it seems they make me pay the US tax (vat). It is very strange because it should be tax free as i'm going to be charged the Spanish VAT when it arrives here.

Also i just noticed that shipping costs...are duplicated if you buy two different items... so bundling orders does not work... is this like this from people who had ordered from them?

Is there any other place to buy their CDs?

I wanted to have all the Menken's in physical format...buying those two CDS will ammount to more than 70$.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2022 at 1:04 AM, crumbs said:

With the music exclusively supervised by Mike, of course. 

I, for one, would love 101 Dalmatians to get the LC treatment sooner rather than later. The film has wonderful music. Hercules and The Jungle Book would also be great adds to The Legacy Collection.

One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Hercules and Mulan would be instant buys for me (expanded, of course - I'd have bought Sleeping Beauty if it had been expanded).