Faleel J.M.

Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection

5 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Probably more than a Mulan or Robin Hood (sorry, just IMO)

You want “Chicken Little” too? 

Imagine the potential. It could be the Crappy Collection: music from the films that nearly ruined Disney.

2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

You want “Chicken Little” too? 

Imagine the potential. It could be the Crappy Collection: music from the films that nearly ruined Disney.

By that logic, I guess 75% of Goldsmith’s work should go unreleased.

6 hours ago, mstrox said:

I’ve never seen or heard Chicken Little, but John Debney is often good so I don’t see why not 

There's some quite fun stuff in there, actually.

There's definitely far worse out there.

I wish Matessino would have worked on these.  For the most part, the Menken releases and the other releases of newer material have been good.  However, I don't think they were given the attention to detail they deserved.  Pocahontas and The Little Mermaid were riddled with errors here and there.  And why weren't song instrumentals included? Regardless, what was released is better than nothing at all. I'm hoping these will get a proper redo in the future but I'm not holding my breath. 

The older scores definitely needed and deserved better treatment.  I didn't purchase any of those since they've been rereleases for the most part.

I don't understand why Disney wants to drown its soundtacks' fans in demos, but the omission of one or another dialogue-free or alternate version is basically a given on every release.

I didn't notice any technical issues... it sounds excellent to my ears!  The issues are more like wrong takes used, album versions rather than film versions used, etc.  Minor stuff really.

32 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Snap. Why haven't I seen this thread earlier. I have The Lion King OST and I'm getting the Hunchback of Notre Dame on order (I saw it in Florida but passed it up-welp!).

QUESTION: Is the score to Aristocats worth my time?

George Brun’s score is worth a listen, especially as the Legacy edition is the first time the entire score has ever been released, and the remastered sound is well done.

31 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Better than some.

I liked his very Goldsmithy electronic montage near the beginning, when Mulan leaves her home

That and the avalanche scene. It's an alright score. 

Strangely enough, not a huge fan of it or Secret of NIMH in terms of isolated listening (to name the other Goldsmith cartoon score). I don't know why, just never engaged me. I'll still buy Mulan if/when Intrada ever releases it or whatever, but I imagine I wouldn't be listening to it much.