• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Fal

Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection

522 posts in this topic

I am curious. In the film, "Be Prepared" ends with a cymbal and rolling drum crescendo. Was that recorded separately? It was not included on the official release; it only ends with the chorus.

I don't know. For all we know, it might have been pulled from the percusion track of another cue.

Another little tidbit I got told: "We Are All Connected" contains the insert that appears in the film, and apparently the demo contains something else completely, making the sessions the only place you can find the original orchestration.

Because anniversaries only matter in 5-year increments.

the schedule goes up to 2015.

They could extend this collection to 2016 and include Beauty and the Beast.

Unless it's announced later.

(although as that site suggests the entire Walt Disney Legacy collection is just these 12 albums)

Mary Poppins tracklist is up.

Oh shoot! Looks like disc 1 is the same as the 40th anniversary expanded release. That probably means we're still not getting the full finale :(

That's correct: at current, only 12 scores are planned from now to the end of 2015. If it's successful enough (and it will be) then Disney could be persuaded to extend it.

I am sure the series will continue through 2016 and beyond unless the landscape of soundtrack releases radically changes by then.

Of course not, but physical CDs are on the way out in favor of digital downloads.

My Mary Poppins set from Amazon arrived today - earlier than expected! Looking forward to checking it out. I'm so happy this series exists. :)

Smeltington likes this

My is en route. I'll probably buy all of these just to support the series. I'm sure they'll release more if it's successful.

Sleeping Beauty's tracklist is up. Seems like nothing new in disc one. Disc 2 are demos as usual.

Well, that is disappointing. There is a few musical moments that are still unreleased, specifically the scene when Phillip is captured by Maleficent and her henchmen.

Disc: 1
1. Main Title / Once Upon a Dream / Prologue
2. Hail to the Princess Aurora
3. The Gifts of Beauty and Song / Maleficent Appears / True Love Conquers All
4. The Burning of the Spinning Wheels / The Fairies Plan
5. Maleficent's Frustration
6. A Cottage in the Woods
7. Do You Hear That? / I Wonder (Mary Costa)
8. An Unusual Prince / Once Upon a Dream (Mary Costa and Bill Shirley)
9. Magical House Cleaning / Blue or Pink
10. A Secret Revealed
11. Skumps (Drinking Song) / The Royal Argument (Bill Thompson and Taylor Holmes)
12. Prince Phillip Arrives / How to Tell Stefan
13. Aurora's Return / Maleficent's Evil Spell
14. Poor Aurora / Sleeping Beauty
15. Forbidden Mountain
16. A Fairy Tale Come True
17. Battle with the Forces of Evil
18. Awakening
19. Finale

Disc: 2
1. It Happens I Have a Picture Demo (Hans Conried and Bill Thompson)
2. It Happens I Have a Picture (Randy Crenshaw and Dennis Kyle)
3. Riddle, Diddle, One, Two, Three Demo (Verna Felton, Barbara Jo Allen and Coleen Collins)
4. Riddle, Diddle, One, Two, Three (Cindy Robinson and Linda Kerns)
5. Evil Evil Demo (Hans Conried and Bill Thompson)
6. Evil Evil (Randy Crenshaw, Jeff Gunn and Dennis Kyle)
7. Sleeping Beauty Overture (Tutti Camarata Orchestra)
8. Blue Bird / I Wonder Album Version (Mary Costa)
9. Woodland Symphony / Once Upon a Dream Album Version (Mary Costa and Bill Lee)
10. Love Theme from Sleeping Beauty (Tutti Camarata Orchestra)

Maybe it is there?

I didn't watch the movie and don't know.

I just got The Lion King release today as a present for getting my MA results. Really impressed with everything. The artwork looks great, the packaging itself it brilliant, and the sound quality is perfect to my ears.

Part of me would love to collect all of these but I have a string burning hatred for Mary Poppins going all the way back to my childhood.

Too bad there aren't any of the George Bruns demos.... Imagine hearing Battle with the Forces of Evil in piano version...

*cringe*

My sister loved the film and I hated Dick Van Dyke's singing. I hated all the songs tbh. Just couldn't stand it. It's extremely well loved though so I'm obviously missing something. I even remember matte paintings being painfully obvious before I even knew what a matte painting was.

The Lion King 20th – June 24, 2014
Sleeping Beauty 55th – October 7, 2014
The Little Mermaid 25th – November 17, 2014
Fantasia 75th – January 3, 2015
Pinocchio 75th – February 3, 2015
Toy Story 20th – March 17, 2015

Are all ones that I'll definitely get. Thank God they don't have numbers on the spine or I'd feel I had to get them all.

Are all ones that I'll definitely get. Thank God they don't have numbers on the spine or I'd feel I had to get them all.

Let's hope nobody higher up at Disney reads this, or someone in the CD art department will get fired. ;)

Disc: 1

1. Main Title / Once Upon a Dream / Prologue

2. Hail to the Princess Aurora

3. The Gifts of Beauty and Song / Maleficent Appears / True Love Conquers All

4. The Burning of the Spinning Wheels / The Fairies Plan

5. Maleficent's Frustration

6. A Cottage in the Woods

7. Do You Hear That? / I Wonder (Mary Costa)

8. An Unusual Prince / Once Upon a Dream (Mary Costa and Bill Shirley)

9. Magical House Cleaning / Blue or Pink

10. A Secret Revealed

11. Skumps (Drinking Song) / The Royal Argument (Bill Thompson and Taylor Holmes)

12. Prince Phillip Arrives / How to Tell Stefan

13. Aurora's Return / Maleficent's Evil Spell

14. Poor Aurora / Sleeping Beauty

15. Forbidden Mountain

16. A Fairy Tale Come True

17. Battle with the Forces of Evil

18. Awakening

19. Finale

Disc: 2

1. It Happens I Have a Picture Demo (Hans Conried and Bill Thompson)

2. It Happens I Have a Picture (Randy Crenshaw and Dennis Kyle)

3. Riddle, Diddle, One, Two, Three Demo (Verna Felton, Barbara Jo Allen and Coleen Collins)

4. Riddle, Diddle, One, Two, Three (Cindy Robinson and Linda Kerns)

5. Evil Evil Demo (Hans Conried and Bill Thompson)

6. Evil Evil (Randy Crenshaw, Jeff Gunn and Dennis Kyle)

7. Sleeping Beauty Overture (Tutti Camarata Orchestra)

8. Blue Bird / I Wonder Album Version (Mary Costa)

9. Woodland Symphony / Once Upon a Dream Album Version (Mary Costa and Bill Lee)

10. Love Theme from Sleeping Beauty (Tutti Camarata Orchestra)

Maybe it is there?

I didn't watch the movie and don't know.

No, it is not there. It is basically the previous release, just with a second disc containing demos. Not interested.

is there a foot warmer of sleeping beauty without sfx?

1st time I hear...

BTW i think we can assume the old scores are not being expanded (probably due to sources not available, they would have done it already in the preceding special edition sountracks...

But i really hope the menken scores get the lion king treatment, if not it is going to be dissapointing... :/

I remember reading an article saying they had found the masters of the complete Sleeping Beauty score as recorded. :/ I was really looking forward to have the Phillip Captured cue too.

Hope Little Mermaid is given complete treatment like Lion King as it has several prominent missing cues.

I remember reading an article saying they had found the masters of the complete Sleeping Beauty score as recorded. :/ I was really looking forward to have the Phillip Captured cue too.

Hope Little Mermaid is given complete treatment like Lion King as it has several prominent missing cues.

Even more of a disappointment; the possibility that the unreleased material had their master tapes uncovered. Would you happen to have a link to that article per chance?

how sad! Why didnt they sell the new score mix, all that work used 'just' for the film bluray... :/

Seems like Disney is doing then 80s and 90s scores right, and then kind of half-assing the older scores. I wonder why?

It seems that Disney only did a great job on The Lion King to attract attention on the Legacy Collection. Now, they can rerelease scores with only a few demos added to them, and they know there'll be people who will buy them no matter what...

"BAM! DISNEY PRESENTS: THE LEGACY COLLECTION! LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE THE LION KING SCORE THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE HEARD! A COMPLETE NEW MIX! UNRELEASED CUES! DEMOS! A FANTASTIC BOOKLET!

OK, now that we've got your attention, here are some rereleases you can buy..."

Nah, Little Mermaid will be another good one.

You know something?

Man you really like teasing us, or have the Emperor's foreseeing abilities... :P

BTW, I recently "re-discovered" the Pocahontas special edition, because it's my GF favourite disney film, and fell in love with the added song and finale. I just hope they are included in the Legacy set (why wouldnt they...but who knows...) It would be nice to have the film version (if it is not the same performance, if it is just a dialed out edit then good riddance!) and full version of the finale (the special edition only uses part of the lyrics, a lengthier rendition was recorded)

One year to know...

I hope the Disneyland set isn't just the same old music. I'd like the updated Pirates of the Caribbean audio, for instance.