What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

The other night I had the action riff from Man Vs Blaster (from Star Trek Into Darkness) running through my head all night. Making dinner, doing dishes, even listening to a podcast, still had that riff running around in there

Um, Jay, it says RIGHT NOW; not last week, last month or last fucking year! I dunno, first you completely fuck up with your score release dates in the other thread and now this?

And pay no attention to the fact that my own mention earlier is actually from a game and not a movie!

Which theme from Hook?

Or, do you mean the theme for Hook himself? (the one from Smee's plan)?

Cool, I love that theme. Doesn't really have an official name, I tend to call it the Hook/Pan Conflict theme. Love it's reappearance in the second half of The Ultimate War.

The OST is a very well done selection of highlights but the expanded 2cd version released by La La Land 2 years ago has a ton of really really great music added to the presentation that really brings the whole score together and shows the development of all the many themes. And it features that conflict theme appearance I mentioned :)

• 1 month later...

So, my brain played a cruel trick on me last night. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with this awesome melody stuck in my head. I quickly grab a pad of paper and write it down, then fall back to sleep. When I woke up this morning, I realized I'd just transcribed the main theme from Hoosiers. Anyway, I played it on an overdriven guitar, and now it's the theme to Zack Snyder's next movie! Well, the first four sentences of that are true.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a phase like that, where there was so much shit going on in my life, that this score would constantly be looping on my iPod. And I never got bored of it.

I had a phase like that, where there was so much shit going on in my life, that this score would constantly be looping on my iPod. And I never got bored of it.

I really love how prominent the overtones are during the first few minutes. Dat rich low brass and strings.

Desmond's Theme Oceanic Six Theme (which I guess is now called the Homecoming theme?) from LOST.... and the Parting theme (Departure theme?)