What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

The whole clip is just beautiful exquisite music but the part @ 1:45 - 2:31 is just oozing with plain Awesome GOLD-smith. One of the many, many reasons why JG is dearly missed. This kind of scoring is akin to Jedi Steps from TFA.

Elegy from Lincoln. Superb stuff and has been playing in my head for days now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2016 at 10:58 PM, E.T. and Elliot said:

The Congo theme AKA Spirit of Africa!

I might have to check that out, I always liked that movie, can't remember the soundtrack, but I bet I'll recognize it.

I often have the Lost in Space season 3 theme by JW in the head.

Mainly because I always found there is an error when the second phrase repeats using the same sustained high note.

When I whistle it, I always lower the high note at each of the 4 passages, it works better.

I don't know what movie it is from but the theme that is going through my mind these last couple of days is used in a trailer for some documentary series around here. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Desplat again.

I could hum it for you but you probably wouldn't hear me.

Alexandre

6 minutes ago, Mr. Big said:

I remember this playing at night in Markarth, the first night I played this game.  It was one of those sublimely magical moments that only these games can deliver.

Irina's Theme from Indy IV. The Golden Age film noir suavity of the theme is simply gorgeous. I wish some orchestra would finally re-record the concert version of it along with the concert version of Marion's Theme.

Marion's Theme and Raider's March have been stuck in my head the past couple days. I've been listening to all of the Indy soundtracks, and I had to go and watch Raiders of the Lost Ark last night since I haven't seen it in awhile. I'll probably watch 2,3, and 4 the next few nights. I always loved the Raider's March theme, but once I bought the full soundtrack collection I realized how many good tracks are on each of the Indy soundtracks. It's another album where I can listen to the entire album track by track like I've done with the Star Wars scores, Jurassic Park, Jaws, etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

parts of Ron Goodwin's main theme for Force 10 from Navarone always crop up in my mind at work, that or the end moments of the Dam Busters Main Titles and finally, Robocop main theme. Utter maelstrom.

On 10-2-2016 at 8:33 AM, Alexcremers said:

I don't know what movie it is from but the theme that is going through my mind these last couple of days is used in a trailer for some documentary series around here. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Desplat again.

I could hum it for you but you probably wouldn't hear me.

Alexandre

Damn, I'm good. I had a feeling it was Desplat and, for sure, it is Desplat.

Alexandre

Damn, I'm good!

Hardly!

That opening motif is a variation of his theme from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It follows Desplat's usual waltzy 3/4 meter that he relies on for small dramas. It's littered with Desplat's love for harmonics at the forefront and the harmony is more of his usual stuff (especially near the end). This is classic comfort-zone Desplat!

But you're right, probably would have guessed Zimmer instead.

Just now, KK. said:

That opening motif is a variation of his theme from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It follows Desplat's usual waltzy 3/4 meter for these small dramas. It's littered with Desplat's love for harmonics at the forefront and the harmony is more of his usual stuff (especially near the end). This is classic comfort-zone Desplat!

Shocking jealousy! 

Sure, but you have to see in the right context. It's the main theme of a documentary series, so it could've been a docu composer. However, my gut told me it was Desplat ... and lo and behold, I was right! Damn!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to post this but 1:56 of "Valencia" from 10 Cloverfield Lane sounds nearly identical to a french horn motif from TFA (heard at the beginning of "Attack on the Jakku Village Part 1" and the FYC version of "Snoke")

I wonder if it was intentional... 

11 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Listening to this, it'd be refreshing to hear more of the original recording sound come out more in Zimmer's bigger action scores. Especially with the brass.