What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

JNH's treatment of both the old Folia tune and Purcell's If Love's A Sweet Passion have been rattling in my brain for 3 days now:

Dorothy's theme from Return to Oz. Shire wrote such a wonderful sweet and yearning intertwining melodies for her and princess Ozma for the movie. Definite ear worm material.

10 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

That's a catchy tune!  I found the rest of the score kind of difficult to get through though.

• 2 weeks later...

A whole host of ID4 themes at the moment.  They tormented my mind at work today.  It's more annoying that I can't remember the movie well enough to determine what some of the themes represent and I'm too lazy right now to read an analysis.

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas from Home Alone 2.

This is a Christmas song, but everything is okay. =D

19 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

A whole host of ID4 themes at the moment.  They tormented my mind at work today.  It's more annoying that I can't remember the movie well enough to determine what some of the themes represent and I'm too lazy right now to read an analysis.

Now that you love the score, if you watch the film again sometime soon you'll probably love the film more than you ever used to, seeing all the great music in context!

There are a bunch of themes in the score, but the major ones are

-Main Theme (bah bah-bah bah, baaaah, bah-bah bah-bah) Introduced at 0:18 "1969: We Came In Peace" , pops up in "Evacuation", "Aftermath",  "Alien Ship Powers Up", "International Code", "The President's Speech", "Virus Uploaded", "Russell's Packin'", "The Day We Fight Back", "Jolly Roger", "Victory", etc.  Its in the End Credits suite from 0:42-1:44, 4:50-5:20, 6:30-8:14.

-Aliens theme (bah, bah, bah.... bah-bah bah) - introduced at 0:37 of "S.E.T.I. - Radio Signal", big statements throughout "The Darkest Day", big statement at 3:45 of "Target Remains / Rescue", appears in "Mutha Ship", etc  Gets a spot in the End Credits from 3:07-4:01.

-Russell Casse's Theme (bah bah-baaaaah bah-bah...... bah bah-bah, bah bahbahbahbah) - introduced in track 3's "Russell Casse - Pilot" cue, and then returns at the end of the film/score for "Just In Case / Attacker Fires Up", "Russell's Packin'" and "Victory".  Its the theme that opens the End Credits suite and then returns at the end to close it out.

-Captain Hiller's Theme (bah, bah bah bah, bah bah-bah bah-bah bah-bah bah-bahbahbah) - Introduced in and used throughout "Cancelled Leave", it gets a sweet fanfare version in the final minute of "Base Attack / Canyon Chase", sad version in "El Toro Destroyed", its used in "Wedding", at the end of "Attacker Fires Up", at the beginnings of "Launch Tunnel" and "Jolly Roger", etc.  Its in the End Credits from 1:44-2:55, 4:01-4:40, and 5:20-6:30.

Just now, Jay said:

(bah bah-bah bah, baaaah, bah-bah bah-bah) 

(bah, bah, bah.... bah-bah bah)

(bah bah-baaaaah bah-bah...... bah bah-bah, bah bahbahbahbah)

(bah, bah bah bah, bah bah-bah bah-bah bah-bah bah-bahbahbah)

Are you drunk?

There was none so after that the first thing that came into my head was Luke and Leia.

Bruce Broughton's Silverado main theme, as well as his Miracle on 34th Street main title.