What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

19 hours ago, chuck said:

1:47 - 4:47, for some reason I find these to be the saddest music JG ever composed

It's my favorite part of that score.

• 2 weeks later...

Various bits from Dream Country, for a while last night and continuing when I woke up this morning.

7 minutes ago, TheWhiteRider said:

3:07

Definitely my favorite theme from the trilogy.  I especially love the plaintive cello performance in "The Hunters":

16 minutes ago, TheWhiteRider said:

Along with Shore's unused "Company" theme, it's my favorite as well I think.

Shore's unused Company theme is absolutely my favorite, but House of Durin is way up there too - personally for me, Bilbo's Theme and Smaug's Theme is in between

For me, it's Bilbo's Theme that's right up there with House of Durin.  I think the Smaug material is probably the most effective in the whole trilogy just in terms of embodying the subject so completely.

13 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Main theme from Bridge of Spies.  Catchy as hell.

Wait, really?

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Wait, really?

Oh my yes, that tune is one of the loveliest melodies Newman has every written, and I constantly get it stuck in my head.

I listened to the OST twice and don't remember a single second of it.

Guess I'll have to give it another try.

It's funny, I haven't listened to it since it came out but I was surprised that I could remember that "Homecoming" theme instantly when nightscape brought it up. I assume that's what he was talking about, it is rather nice.

Maybe I'll have to listen to this one again too.

I'm honestly surprising by how many are chiming in to say Bridge of Spies is great and/or their favorite Newman score.  It seemed to me like when it came out, people didn't actually talk about it too much here.  Maybe everyone just got caught up in the Force Awakens hype

14 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

It's funny, I haven't listened to it since it came out but I was surprised that I could remember that "Homecoming" theme instantly when nightscape brought it up. I assume that's what he was talking about, it is rather nice.

Maybe I'll have to listen to this one again too.

God that theme is so beautiful.

Another highlight is of course the music at the climax of the film at around 9:40-end in "Glienicke Bridge."  This is a quintessential Thomas Newman score for me.  It's exemplary of his general sound and the melodies/orchestration are wonderful:

On July 19, 2016 at 0:15 AM, TheWhiteRider said:

Along with Shore's unused "Company" theme, it's my favorite as well I think.

Mine remains the woefully underused opening section of the Tauriel/Kili love theme in Beyond the Forest.

17 minutes ago, Fennel Ka said:

That choral "aaaahh, ahh ahh aah aaaah" melody from John Carter

Thern theme?

For me it is the main theme from I Am Legend. It has been playing in my head the whole morning.

My mind is caught in the eddy of the first four notes of the themes from Last of the Mohicans and Cliffhanger. Half the time it spins back out into the stream of LotM, the other half it shoots toward Cliffhanger Creek. Kind of annoying, actually. . . .