What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

1:01-1:10 has really been fascinating me, particularly the little bit at 1:06-1:08. 

Love the ending, with the winds and bells slowly quieting down. Sublime. Goldsmith's fanfare is epic; this is magical. 

Jennie's Theme from The Rocketeer again.  Horner really went all-in with that concert arrangement, covering not just love but a deep yearning in the middle of the piece.

15 hours ago, Will said:

Love the ending, with the winds and bells slowly quieting down. Sublime. Goldsmith's fanfare is epic; this is magical. 

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I am on the record as preferring the Horner fanfare!

On 9/26/2016 at 11:53 AM, Disco Stu said:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I am on the record as preferring the Horner fanfare!

I probably prefer Goldsmith's, but that may just be because that's what I've grown up with (well, Tyler's arrangement). I've never heard Horner's in a theatre.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

It's a very pretty fanfare...and Goldsmith's fanfare shits all over it from a very great height.

I guess if you're going to be very wrong at least you have a colorful metaphor.

Some day, my innocence will be proven! And you shall all bow your heads in shame! And they'll make a movie about it!

The latter. I'm afraid BB has pestered me too much with clips, reviews and ravings to have allowed Andy Price to have missed my radar! ;)

For much of last week I had part of "Blown to Bits" from Jaws in my head -where the shark is closing in on Brody which prompted me to re-listen to the score for the first time in ages which furthermore prompted me to have an eureka moment and think more than ever Williams is a genius.

Otherwise, I don't know about others, but there's always something I find myself humming/whistling ad nauseum (or rather at work when trying to get stuff done) -in this case parts of the themes from the two Navarone movies and Battle of Britain.

SUGAR STORM, because it's on Classic FM, right now.

It's dreamy, and disturbing, at the same time.

18 hours ago, Strangways said:

For much of last week I had part of "Blown to Bits" from Jaws in my head -where the shark is closing in on Brody which prompted me to re-listen to the score for the first time in ages which furthermore prompted me to have an eureka moment and think more than ever Williams is a genius.

Otherwise, I don't know about others, but there's always something I find myself humming/whistling ad nauseum (or rather at work when trying to get stuff done) -in this case parts of the themes from the two Navarone movies and Battle of Britain.

Whose themes from BOB: Goodwin's, or Walton's?

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:18 PM, Richard said:

SUGAR STORM, because it's on Classic FM, right now.

It's dreamy, and disturbing, at the same time.

Whose themes from BOB: Goodwin's, or Walton's?

Goodwin. His main theme to Battle of Britain.

I know he's quite unpopular with most folk over Battle but since I was a kid it's what I've known for the film.