What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

Here to 3:30 - marvelous, such a pulsating energy and wonderful glistening harmonies (I'm not too familiar with classical music of course but these harmonies do seem a bit unusual):

The start of the best sequence from John's best score, that one is.

6 hours ago, KK said:

It's a tough one to get out of the head:

Indeed - for balls to the wall headbanging action, Hans is unbeatable.  And this one is particularly infectious.  2:30 = kickass.

I'm not the biggest fan of the TDKR score, but boy does it have some ballsy moments. The Bane material might be as close to Stravinsky as Zimmer will ever get.

1 hour ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Indeed - for balls to the wall headbanging action, Hans is unbeatable.  And this one is particularly infectious.  2:30 = kickass.

The detuned strings at 2:46, especially infectious.

Stunningly good. Frenetic, powerful, beautiful, and just plain awesome. Love the interplay between the two featured instruments, and how they, indeed, almost seem to dance over the orchestra, each taking their turn. It's a marvelous five-minute journey (not to mention some of the great moments in the other movements, such as the middle of the second). 

I love the almost "bouncing" ending, with the steady beat, as well. 

As a side note it's kind cool to see in the trailer those shots of Horner looking on dreamily from the seats at the recording sessions as he watched this marvelous work performed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6GIQQrqa8Q).

I've seen this work criticized and perhaps it doesn't have the structural complexity and unification of a Beethoven concerto or whatever, but it sure is a hell of a ride, and, in my opinion, like Collage, something to truly be treasured. 

Unfortunately the "Nightmare" theme from The BFG has been stuck in my head today.

5 minutes ago, JohnSolo said:

So you consider Saruman's death scene in the ROTK EE unnecessary?

Yes, it's just tying up loose ends from TTT and disrupts the "calm before the storm" feeling of the first act of the film after the violent Smeagol prologue.  

8 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Unfortunately?

It is not bad as such but is just so persistent little ditty and it has been worming in my ear the whole day. :P

The opening movement of Williams' The Unfinished Journey, Immigration and Building: