What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flow Like Water by James Newton Howard. Listened to it last night and now it has been playing in my head most of this morning. Not a bad thing by any means.

6 hours ago, Incanus said:

Flow Like Water by James Newton Howard. Listened to it last night and now it has been playing in my head most of this morning. Not a bad thing by any means.

I so look forward to hear this live soon !

The main theme to Bruce Broughton's Honey I Blew Up the Kid has been stuck in my head. I'd buy the new Intrada album if my car CD player wasn't broken, but for now, I'm stuck playing the old album on my laptop. Ho-hum. Botheration. 

Enchantingly catchy theme either way. 

4 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

The melancholy piano theme at 9:29.  

Beautiful melody.  @Incanus called it the Remembrance theme, I believe.  I've always just called it "The Blue and the Grey" since that's the name of the track where it first appears.

John Williams has always written wonderful string elegies but this relatively recent one is among my favourites with palpalble grief mixed with religious overtones:

Dance of the Witches aka Devil's Dance from The Witches of Eastwick. Damn infectuous danse macabre!

There's nothing quite like the Mount Doom music to wake one up. Especially when one had overplayed the various versions of it one on top of the other to make sound like the forces could rival Schoenberg's Gurre Leider.

6 hours ago, Strangways said:

Part of the Towering Inferno's main theme. Read one of the books the film was based on the other day (The Tower) and today theme bubbled to the top. Hence, onto the movie itself. 

God, do I ever love that theme.

Right now I have the theme from Hook stuck in my head.