What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

On 1/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, idril said:

Never heard this before, how beautiful and whimsical! 

I've got this looping in my head:

Dare I say that phrase or section your refer to from MOS I rather like. But it is like an oasis in a desert.

I can't get the very end of CE3K out of my head lately. The end of Appearance of the Visitors, most of Contact, the entire End Credits... Roy's Obsession is also rattling around in there, surfacing from time to time. I feel like I should have tried looking into this movie and score sooner, but on the ther hand, only a year or two ago, I'm not sure I would have appreciated them as much as I do now. And of course I would've had to wait for the LLL set, which this way I mostly got out of curiosity, but it became one of the best purchases of my life.

SUPERSTRUCTURE CHASE > DARTH VADER'S DEATH > THROUGH THE FLAMES (film version, with the ESB music tracked). The thing is, as it's in the same key, as TTF comes to an end, it always seques into the second (quiet) half of SLALOM ON MT. HUMOL. Funny, that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2018 at 12:18 AM, Glóin the Dark said:

The "Ballade de la Pucelle" by Jordi Savall from Jacques Rivette's Jeanne la pucelle.

You know what "Jeanne D'arc" means?

It means "light's out, in the bathroom" :lol:

This is unironically one of my favorite movie themes of all time; the score as a whole is really great and innovative. Very good movie as well; really underrated.

Gosh, that old fart really knew how to stage a climax eh? From that crescendo, to that pulsating denouement...such showmanship. They don't make 'em like this anymore!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 6:42 PM, Will said:

@ocelot's terrific finale to this piece:

Reminds me a bit of Born on the Fourth of July. 

Oh thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chen G. said:

The Luke and Leia theme...

You know, with both that and Roses theme, I never really liked them. They are great but I feel like they belong in another movie. I don't know..

• 3 weeks later...

I know a lot of people are sour about Moroder meddling into Doldinger's original score, but goddamn does this make me want to be 10 again:

Where the original is "just" a slow, regal version of the Flying theme, this one has a finality and greatness to it - in the original, it's just a part of the quest, in this, it's The Ivory Tower, its own important entity. The synths just add to the ethereal nature and 80's-ness of it, which is always good.

You know how sometimes you've got a tiny snippet of something in your head and you can't remember what it is?

Well for the last five minutes I've been whistling a couple of bars to myself trying to work out where they're from.

Finally got there: it's one of the secondary themes from Rota's Romeo and Juliet.

Phew!

On 4/7/2018 at 9:12 PM, kaseykockroach said:

One of the downsides of being into film music is that you get a LOT of tunes and melodies lodged into your head and find yourself whistling said tune involuntarily. The situation worsens when doing such in public, and an unfortunate pedestrian curiously questions what you're whistling, and you're forced to come out with the devastating truth that, in fact, you're whistling Sid the sloth's theme from John Powell's Ice Age.

I think it's worse when what you're whistling is Goldsmith's titles from Alien (because the passing unfortunates think you're whistling something tuneful really badly, when you're really not but have actually captured the essence of it perfectly). That's my excuse anyway.

My latest isn't a soundtrack. Well, it sort of is - it was used in the soundtrack of a documentary I saw last week called 2.5 Million. Within about 10 seconds of this song starting, I knew I had to find out what it was.

Anyways, try getting this out of your head:

A very energic track. 

On 07/04/2018 at 5:12 PM, kaseykockroach said:

The situation worsens when doing such in public, and an unfortunate pedestrian curiously questions what you're whistling, and you're forced to come out with the devastating truth that, in fact, you're whistling Sid the sloth's theme from John Powell's Ice Age.

The world does not understand our ability to be interested in "movie music".