What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

Anyone else kind of wish Shore carried this through the trilogy as a B-phrase to the Fellowship theme? Or at least wrote a good concert suite around it!

That tender release at 3:30 gets me especially.

I've always kind of thought of that passage as one of the "pure" EE extensions, meaning not something he originally conceived when developing the entire score, for a scene that was in the film for a long while before being cut towards the end.  The look of the scene and the rather unusual orchestration of that passage makes me think it was a scene cut early, and then only grabbed from the archives, reinstated and finished when the EE was greenlit, and it could have been one of the last passages HS had to write during post production of the EE.  Just a hunch.

It is nice music, though!

Could anyone bring up examples of this kind of finish?

Those last 4 strikes in that particular rythm are what I'm looking for, preferably with a full orchestra, wholesome brass forefront.

From the first time hearing My First Bus Drive, I thought it would make a great finisher if I'd ever use it as the finale of a suite. (It'd fit at 7:24 here:)

EDIT: Heh, looks like I'm not the first to think this way!

Not precisely what I'm thinking of, but damn close!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

March of the Resistance.  Plays in my head as I walk from class to class.

That's funny, I was just whistling it (counterpoint included 😛) today when walking from the sub to work. That along with Rey theme.

PS : for my fellow french speaking members : is it how we say "siffloter" in English ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This track (and particularly) has been stuck in my head for quite a few days. The theme I marked in particular. There's another cool statement at 3.08. Might be one of my favourite James Horner melodies ever:

Even cooler yet statement of the said theme can be heard here:

Karol

• 2 months later...

A lot of Interstellar material floating through my head lately as I try to arrange something for it. This particular track is hailed by organists, especially myself. This whole score has actually been a huge favourite for me because of the use of the pipe organ.

Is it really hailed by organists though? It helps create a fantastic sonic palette, for sure. But I don't think the organ writing itself is actually very good, or remarkable. It's just a bunch of ostinati, and pedal tones melded together. Not exactly Bach's Tocatta now, is it?

• 4 weeks later...

One unfortunate side effect of the STTMP LLL set: I can't get Bob James' arrangement out of my head.

Especially the mental image of TNG airing 6 years earlier as a sitcom and having this as its opening!

It's similar to last year's disastrous fever dreams of Mummy returns finishing with its credits piece as usual:

but the footage is all the actors dancing the Egyptian in a similar fashion to:

Spoiler

Now that's something I'll never unsee when listening to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a great score and great B horror film

I saw it one Friday afternoon when I was 19 and took my family later that night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...