Stefancos

True Detective

555 posts in this topic

And of course, TGP, in yet another obvious case of blind fanboyism, decides to dismiss them!

Excellent article that accurately points out major flaws of this season (especially the 3rd point mentioned).

Interesting post, but flawed. I really like the parts of your post that weren't flawed, but then there were some flaws that reminded me of the flawdness of your flawed post.

Christ, I mean I enjoyed the season, whatever. I know you're joking about the fanboy stuff but fucking hell I'm just sick of reading everyone's opinions about everything and how FLAWED everything is. Is that all anyone can talk about anymore? Access to the internet has turned everyone into an unbearable critic. Fuck that. Watch stuff, like it, or don't like it, and shut up about it. No one cares about why you don't like things.

Nah, but there certainly are some rabid hateboys here, as evidenced by the total lack of interest in responding to my discussion of the two seasons on the last page, in favor of posting another article about how bad everything was. It's just fucking tiring. But hey, I get it. That's what makes JWFan great. Links, links, and more links. News! Lists of flaws! More news! Cool.

See? That's why we didn't react to your posts! Because everytime we say something about the show, you come up with snide remarks like this!

It feels like you refuse to talk about our negative reaction to the season without acting all sarcastic.

You dismiss our opinions, so there's not much of a point to respond to your posts!

But I'm sure KK or Koko will soon come and say how much they agree with what you said and everything will be well in your world!

See? That's why we didn't react to your posts! Because everytime we say something about the show, you come up with snide remarks like this!

This.

It feels like you refuse to talk about our negative reaction to the season without acting all sarcastic.

You dismiss our opinions, so there's not much of a point to respond to your posts!

But I'm sure KK or Koko will soon come and say how much they agree with what you said and everything will be well in your world!

Uhh... well, yeah! Let me make it perfectly clear: every time your talk about your negative reactions (not ANYTHING about the show), I will act sarcastically. It shouldn't just "feel" like that anymore - now you know!

And yes, I dismiss your opinions about what was good or bad because who cares? What's the point of talking about that? Who is going to be convinced of anything?

I'm sorry that I don't want to talk about why you didn't like the season. I don't want to talk about why anyone didn't like anything. And if you want to ignore why I like things, that's also fine. But cut this prissy "you're mean to me so I won't respond to you!" bullshit. My point is that no one seems to want to really talk about anything on here beyond surface "I liked it/I didn't like it" opinions (or worse, just posting articles related to this). And that's just annoying. And it might be one of many things that could be off-putting to people who might be thinking about joining the forum.

Interesting post, but flawed. I really like the parts of your post that weren't flawed, but then there were some flaws that reminded me of the flawdness of your flawed post.

Christ, I mean I enjoyed the season, whatever. I know you're joking about the fanboy stuff but fucking hell I'm just sick of reading everyone's opinions about everything and how FLAWED everything is. Is that all anyone can talk about anymore? Access to the internet has turned everyone into an unbearable critic. Fuck that. Watch stuff, like it, or don't like it, and shut up about it. No one cares about why you don't like things.

If you only talk about the things you like then everyone will think that you like everything!

Can't have that. I need people to know about my displeasure. It validates it.

----

This.

Jay.

The five (!) friends of mine who I've recommended this site to all (!) found the same certain negative trends and personalities to be enough to dissuade them from joining, despite strong personal and professional interest in the site's subject matter. I always wondered if some of it was in my head, but now I see that there is in fact some real obsession with criticism, and also passive-aggressiveness, and derision, and selective outrage and favoritism (that is, a habit of criticizing some but not others for the same things, with some posters becoming the go-to scapegoat) that gets handed out here from certain people. Perhaps that's more worth some thought than my mean, mean sarcasm. Indeed, it's why what you posted and BB's response really set me off in the first place.

but now I see that there is in fact some real obsession with criticism, and also passive-aggressiveness, and derision, and selective outrage and favoritism (that is, a habit of criticizing some but not others for the same things, with some posters becoming the go-to scapegoat) that gets handed out here from certain people.

Pretty broad targets, eh?

Ok, now that I understand what TGP was actually talking about, I'll just say maybe he has a point... My bad for misunderstanding what he was referring to in the first place.

Meh, like I said before, I think the season has a lot going for it, and that the media continues to get carried away with terms like "failure" and "Giant Fuckup".

Interesting comments.

So not much love for season 2 then? I still haven't gotten around to watching it yet and may not do so at all now.

It's almost universal viewed as a big disappointment after the almost universal praise season 1 got.  But some liked it just fine, and some loved it so much they place it higher than season 1, like TGP.  It's only 8 hours out of your month to find out for yourself.

I liked season 1, but not as much as others did, I think. So I'm not sure if I will really be disappointed by season 2.

So basically, this tells me nothing. :P

Basically he says that Pizzolato had a long time to work on Season 1, then when it was a hit, the exec had him create a second season in a much shorter time than he was used to.  Which makes sense.  

So maybe we won't see a season 3 until 2017.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I expect you won't like it very much.  Try Hannibal instead :)

I watched season one. Didn't hold my interest. Too much gloom and doom.

Hmmm, Season 2 and 3 get even darker than Season 1, so I guess that's not for you either :)

10 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I liked season 1, but not as much as others did, I think. So I'm not sure if I will really be disappointed by season 2.

So basically, this tells me nothing. :P

Give the first 2 episodes a shot and if you aren't into it, then bail. Season 2 starts off very strong, falters in the middle, and comes up with a strong ending. In my opinion, of course. Really my only issue is that it bites off more than it can chew. Jumping from 2 central characters to 4, in addition to a convoluted plot, makes everything a bit messy.

I think this is misinformation because another article I read using the same quotes makes no mention of any actual discussion between them. He's just saying he would do it if the circumstances were right.