Michael Giacchino's Jurassic World (2015)

Sweetmeats

2 hours ago, publicist said:

So what are the really essential cues that were not on the OST? Minus source cues, under-a-minute cues and themeless filler stuff?

I've been wondering the same thing! To the point that maybe we should consider making a new discussion thread for suggesting "improved OSTs" for all sorts of scores!

Might be a fun thing to do. Plus, may eventually help with the listening experience too.

After all, recording sessions can be a bit overwhelming with some cool new stuff available, along with some not-so-cool "filler material".

If I combine the OST tracks with themes listed in this post by Jay together with some "favourite new tracks" mentioned by various forum members, I get to this:

Bury the Hatchling

The Family That Strays Together

Welcome to Jurassic World

Does This Dino Make Jurassic Look Big?

As the Jurassic World Turns

Raptor Attention

This Little Piggy

The Raptors of War

Clearly His First Rodeo

Glorified Petting Zoo

Owen You Nothing

Indominus Wrecks

Gyrosphere of Influence

Pavane For a Dead Apatosaurus

Ye Olde Visitor Center

Fits and Jumpstarts

The Dimorphodon Shuffle

Love In the Time of Pterosauria

Bond of Brothers

Chasing the Dragons

Raptor Your Heart Out

Costa Rican Standoff

The Teeth Degree

Our Rex Is Bigger Than Yours (with alternate insert)

Growl and Make-Up

Nine to Survival Job

The Park Is Closed

Suite

If anyone knows any other "not to be missed" tracks that aren't in the above list, I'd be very curious to hear it!

OK, I have a theory on what 'Monorail Journey is'. I think that except the abrupt beginning, the rest sounds natural enough and it is not an edit from as the jurassic world turns. I think there are subtle differences in the instruments, and definately the ending sounds natural. Could be a different take and stopped in the middle...

But, since by its name, it can only fit the monorail shot before the kids talk and then the little one sees the ACU trucks, and that part has music that is the ending of "a wolf in creep's clothing" I think it is either the original cue or more probably a re-score insert (to try to use more of the soaring As the jurassic world turns music) and they are about the same lenght. But it must be incomplete or we dont have the propper 'Wolf creep clothing' file to mix it. ( i think it is impossible to do with what we have).

Monorail journey starts with a cymbal clash that could mark the point to mixxing at about 1:17 in wolf's creep, but as i said it is impossible to mix, at least for me.

On 07/01/2017 at 4:06 AM, publicist said:

So what are the really essential cues that were not on the OST? Minus source cues, under-a-minute cues and themeless filler stuff?

1M11A Raptor Attention (2:14)
2M11B This Little Piggy (1:36)
2M12A The Raptors Of War (1:23)
4M39A Ye Olde Visitors Center (2:45)
5M49 Bond Of Brothers (2:15)

On 31/12/2016 at 9:00 AM, Jay said:

Pretty sure they're not tracked but I do wonder if Giacchino didn't write them or something since they're not in the session leak - then again, the 2 source cues his son wrote were credited properly in the end credits of the film, so who knows.  It's also odd that there's no gap in slate numbers where they appear... like the scenes were originally planned to have no music perhaps.

Could these been made after the recording sessions?

Abandonment issues sounds like taiko drums, sampled choir.... ("Chris tilton drums"?)

Probably these three missing tracks were done editiorially with samples and a little tracking in post-production...

Yes, I think Giacchino was not directly involved with those... Probably the music editors put them together. 

Monorail journey really matches the gallimimus herd shots from the monorail scene, check it out! :)

It cannot be for the kids talk inside the monorail because it is too grim for the music

On 07/01/2017 at 8:37 AM, Jay said:

1M11A Raptor Attention (2:14)
2M11B This Little Piggy (1:36)
2M12A The Raptors Of War (1:23)
4M39A Ye Olde Visitors Center (2:45)
5M49 Bond Of Brothers (2:15)

In addition to these
I'm quite partial to 

A Divorce of Nature

Five is the Scariest Number
Your Alpha/Beta is Showing

as well

If only because the first caught my ears in the movie

the second is Michael at his Lost-iest

and I still like the Ingen theme (not essential tho I guess, when you have the suite)

• 1 month later...

Just popping in to say that I listened to a bit of the full score tonight and honestly I prefer it to the OST presentation.  I much prefer the clean, full version intro of "As the Jurassic World Turns" and "Raptor Attention" works better on its own and in full.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have some more-ahem- "proper" replacements for the puns on this tracklist? I like the puns and Giacchino has a lot of fun working them out, but I'd like some different track titles for my own discretion.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Anyone have some more-ahem- "proper" replacements for the puns on this tracklist? I like the puns and Giacchino has a lot of fun working them out, but I'd like some different track titles for my own discretion.

Is proper=punless?

Make up your own! Like I do! :P

1. Jurassic 2: The New Hatch

2. Just Hangin' Out (With My Family)

3. Hey, it's the Williams theme! Except the orchestrations sound like shit!

4. It's a Jurassic World, After All

5. Rodeo Romeo

6. Claire-yvoyance

7. Indomination

8. Gyrosphere and Loathing 

9. Death of Some Apatosaurus

10. Masrani Goes Up

11. Birds in a Guilty Cage

12. Don't Tell Claire the Babysitter's Dead

13. How to Train Your Velociraptor

14. Raptor Rhapsody

15. Nothing but the Tooth

16. Dinosaur Alliance

17. Prehistoric Pals

18. Rexy Takes the Throne

19. The Park is Closed (I like this title, not gonna change it :P) 

• 3 years later...