Is this live performance by the Vienna better than the studio recorded original?

Quintus

Is this live performance by the Vienna better than the studio recorded original?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is this live performance by the Vienna better than the studio recorded original?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a scientific impossibility

I think that's at least as good as the original—mostly because they don't try to change the dynamics of it, but remain completely faithful to the source (and belt it out with all the gusto of the LSO).

That amphitheater is amazing, too. . . .

It's certainly a good version, close to the Skywalker Symphony rendition. I've never been too fond of the LSO original. It's brutal, yes, but a bit too dirty for my taste. The Empire, in all its ugliness, is refined, and the march reflects that for me.

I'm still annoyed I couldn't be at that concert...

Well, they had Darth Vader in the orchestra. How could it not be better since they'd likely have a force choke if they did not meet his performance expectations.

Most of the orchestra members look like they're asleep at the wheel. I would imagine this selection was met with a fair amount of trepidation.