Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards 2016)

3 hours ago, Brónach said:

Apparently I saw The Phantom Menace in theaters, although I don't remember the experience.

I remember it, partly because my youngest sister jumped out of her seat and shouted something along the lines of "Yes! Yes! Look at that blood!" when Maul was bisected.

7 hours ago, Gistech said:

I remember it, partly because my youngest sister jumped out of her seat and shouted something along the lines of "Yes! Yes! Look at that blood!" when Maul was bisected.

:lol: Bloodthirsty isn't she?

Classic FM has another extremely insightful article on what clues trailer music could hold for the actual film's score: 

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/desplat/guides/star-wars-rogue-one-soundtrack/#XTPLisSX4kl1XzSk.97

:lol:

Speaking of the recent Rogue One trailer, I've done some research and still have no idea who scored it. Orphan Music and Confidential Music haven't taken credit so I'm mystified (not that it really matters all that much).

I did think this trailer was quite well scored.

1 hour ago, Will said:

Classic FM has another extremely insightful article on what clues trailer music could hold for the actual film's score: 

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/desplat/guides/star-wars-rogue-one-soundtrack/#XTPLisSX4kl1XzSk.97

:lol:

Speaking of the recent Rogue One trailer, I've done some research and still have no idea who scored it. Orphan Music and Confidential Music haven't taken credit so I'm mystified (not that it really matters all that much).

I did think this trailer was quite well scored.

The new R1 trailer was done by these guys: http://www.superhuman.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Look, the star wars suite is ugly and wrong as hell

You dont mean that!

5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I hope they change it for a new special edition so all suites look the same...

I hope you don't mean that?

This doesn't look like the original suit? But it has the red-tinted eyes, the cape over the shoulder plates, and the chest plate design. The only thing that isn't faithful to the original Star Wars, perhaps, is the glossiness. According to this report, they tried to base it on the original suit.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

They should just cancel the whole movie. It's ruined!

They should beg Lucas to return to the franchise and reshoot the whole thing man! Faster, more intense!

It's only a bloody photo, for fuck's sake!

Maybe that's how he was wearing it, back in day. It's his fucking cape, he can make whatever fashion fucking statement, he bleeding well pleases.

I find your lack of taste in capes disturbing.

20 hours ago, Incanus said:

I hope Vader gets max 2 minute cameo. The anatomically incorrect pre-Episode IV armour is causing way too much heartache for it to be worth it.

I imagine it's going to be like in Godzilla with Vader or/and the Death Star.

13 hours ago, Stefancos said:

*can't...breathe!*

Xenia!

21 hours ago, Incanus said:

I hope Vader gets max 2 minute cameo. The anatomically incorrect pre-Episode IV armour is causing way too much heartache for it to be worth it.

He's been searching for his son for the past 20 years, plus, he's the baddest dude in the galaxy. I think he deserves more than 2 minutes. The whole I-VI saga, is one man's downfall, and search for redemption. You can't do that in 2 minutes.

44 minutes ago, Richard said:

He's been searching for his son for the past 20 years

Vader? No. He does not learn he has a son until after the first Death Star is destroyed by a Luke Skywalker, from either a captured Rebel or galaxy gossip between Eps IV and V, or from the Emperor in updated versions of V. Before then, he assumes his "one" unborn child died with his wife. 

1 hour ago, WojinPA said:

Vader? No. He does not learn he has a son until after the first Death Star is destroyed by a Luke Skywalker, from either a captured Rebel or galaxy gossip between Eps IV and V, or from the Emperor in updated versions of V. Before then, he assumes his "one" unborn child died with his wife. 

The canon story of how he learns is in Marvel's Star Wars #6 and Darth Vader #6.  It takes place between Star Wars and Empire.

http://kotaku.com/darth-vader-and-the-other-big-moment-from-this-weeks-st-1709072086

I don't accept new comics written less than five years ago in the Disney era as explanation for anything that transpired during the time of the original trilogy if it doesn't have direct bearing on the new TFA and beyond chronology. For old information like how Vader discovers he has a son, I clutch to what I discovered as a child. That's my choice and probably a very serious character flaw. But I can live with it. Now if Rogue One shows Darth Vader getting an email of information directly related to your cute comic books about how he has a son before Luke Skywalker acquires the Death Star pkans, fine, great,awesome, I'll embrace it. 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

The canon story of how he learns is in Marvel's Star Wars #6 and Darth Vader #6.  It takes place between Star Wars and Empire.

http://kotaku.com/darth-vader-and-the-other-big-moment-from-this-weeks-st-1709072086

I have not read it, but...is any of this in TSOTME?

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

I have not read it, but...is any of this in TSOTME?

Nope, there's no underground crystals or Luke lusting hardcore after Leia to be found ;).

27 minutes ago, WojinPA said:

I don't accept new comics written less than five years ago in the Disney era as explanation for anything that transpired during the time of the original trilogy if it doesn't have direct bearing on the new TFA and beyond chronology. For old information like how Vader discovers he has a son, I clutch to what I discovered as a child. That's my choice and probably a very serious character flaw. But I can live with it. Now if Rogue One shows Darth Vader getting an email of information directly related to your cute comic books about how he has a son before Luke Skywalker acquires the Death Star pkans, fine, great,awesome, I'll embrace it. 

Well, you won't get a story about Vader finding out about Luke on film, because the story is already resolved elsewhere.  It's the official Lucasfilm story.  Still, if you don't like comics, you can carry whatever vision of that event you'd like.  I think canon-status is just supposed to build a story, not necessarily to stifle the reader's imagination.  So really the OFFICIAL official canon is more targeted to the individual: "if you don't read it, or don't like it, it's not part of Star Wars for you."

Personally, after growing up with years of mixed-quality and inconsistent storytelling across platforms, I'm just glad they're consolidating everything.  Every post-1999 film/TV media (TPM, AOTC, ROTS, Clone Wars) negated aspects of the fiction, leaving authors to ignore the past or scramble to retcon.  Now, the movies won't conflict with the TV won't conflict with the comics won't conflict with the books.

As far as quality, the canon novels are still frustratingly hit-or-miss (while they do contain a few all-time Star Wars fiction high points, for every good "Lost Stars" there is a middling "Tarkin"),  Thankfully nothing as bad as the Jedi Academy trilogy or large swaths of the New Jedi Order.  The new comics have kept a pretty high quality standard (with the exception of some of the Darth Vader run that I don't personally care for, only because IMO Too Much Darth Vader is Not a Good Thing).