Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards 2016)

I have absolutely zero intention of seeing in the theaters (if at all).  A first for Star Wars.  It just looks kind of drab and with Desplat's firing, there's no possibility for an interesting score.  I'm more excited for Fantastic Beasts and that's a fucking David Yates movie

When I mean excited for the film, I'm not talking about the characters really. I don't know anything about them so I don't really care. What I'm referring to is strictly fanboy crap like "Woooo loads of walkers in the Caribbean" and "Member the death star and member Vader!?" That kind of shit.

All of that is more exciting to me than another disappointing lightsaber battle for example, and quite frankly I didn't care about seeing Han, the Falcon, Leia, Chewy, 3PO and R2. None of that really made me fanboy myself all over the place. I just want to see a cool ground battle, a cool space battle, a few cool Vader scenes, and Rogue One looks like it may have that, and that will satisfy my excitement and thirst. And if we get a great film as a whole with an enthralling story and well-written characters, then nice.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:57 PM, mrbellamy said:

Whoa boy. That will be interesting (probably a good choice). 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

New footage?

Well, that may be the worst SW trailer music I've heard yet. And I've actually liked most of the trailer music. 

I love the new Duracell/Rogue One TV ad with R2-D2!

Rogue One will have two good scenes: the one with Darth Vader and the one with R2-D2.

Well, that's more than the average movie.

Visually this movie looks stunning. 

The plot is very basic but that's fine.

Call me crazy but I love the George style dialogue. 

with every single new footage i want to see the film more and more.

I dont know what problems did it have but the film does not look bad. The full-fledged OT setting is a bless, unlike in TFA, which was more like  them wanting but obviously not being able to do it.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

They've got to have marketing. At least you can't have Rogue One Fruit Loops and other tie-in (pun intended) breakfast cereals! At least not yet anyway...

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Rogue One: Recon, A Star Wars 360 Experience:

I tried that out on my Google Cardboard this afternoon. It's a pretty crappy VR set up -- I usually see double and the resolution is horrendous -- but it was still a really cool little video. Cardboard has really shown me the potential VR has and I'm really excited for its future. Far cooler than 3D or IMAX (or at least it has the potential to be that way on higher-end sets, I presume). 

On a somewhat related note, has anyone had a better experience with Cardboard than I have?

I'm wondering whether the problem is the size of the phone I'm using (Moto X), the processing power of the phone, the headset (D-Scope Pro self-assembly version), or something else. Or maybe everyone with Cardboard has this problem. After all, it's dirt cheap. 

posters are aggressive marketing?  How?

posters are literally the least aggressive and most common movie advertising there is!

Well yes, I absolutely agree all the other marketing is crazy aggressive, but you specifically quoted the posters in your response, so you made it look like you were specifically talking about them.