Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett (2020)

Bilbo

• 1 year later...

of the three, it's the one that has more potential...no need to have han or be an origin story.

Anyway, joe johnston should do it.

He wants it and he built the original suit.

Joe Johnston isn't a good director though. Just because he designed the character doesn't mean he would give us the best movie.

Anyway, hopefully they scrap Boba altogether. Such an overrated character. 

• 1 year later...

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/05/logan-director-james-mangold-to-write-and-direct-a-boba-fett-movie.html

This statement from the official SW site says that James Mangold (Logan) will write and direct a Boba Fett anthology movie.

This is still a developing project, and it could very well end up like Trank's attempt, but this is a thing again folks.

6 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/05/logan-director-james-mangold-to-write-and-direct-a-boba-fett-movie.html

This statement from the official SW site says that James Mangold (Logan) will write and direct a Boba Fett anthology movie.

This is still a developing project, and it could very well end up like Trank's attempt, but this is a thing again folks.

Just for anyone who wants more SW anthology news, this is from the Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett Movie thread. Exciting news of another spinoff that was formerly in the works and now appears to be starting to develop again. I wonder how Solo might relate to this, if it works out.

Again I'm so disappointed that they didn't chose to make a spinoff about Wicket the Ewok. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Again I'm so disappointed that they didn't chose to make a spinoff about Wicket the Ewok. :mellow:

haven't they done that with the 2 Ewoks movies?

8 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

haven't they done that with the 2 Ewoks movies?

Hey, they're still something to tell!!! We want a prequel!

3 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Just for anyone who wants more SW anthology news, this is from the Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett Movie thread. Exciting news of another spinoff that was formerly in the works and now appears to be starting to develop again. I wonder how Solo might relate to this, if it works out.

Dad, is that you?  Oh, sorry soldier, you look just like my dad.

Dad, is that you? Oh, sorry soldier, you look just like my dad.

Dad, is that you?  Oh, sorry soldier, you look just like my dad....

The director of Logan helming a Boba Fett spinoff? Could turn out interesting, though I'm not convinced it's a movie that needs to be made.

When it comes to rumors, Hollywood Reporter (along with Variety) is a fairly reliable source.  So as this came from THR, it’s highly probable.  Although my heart still hurts about not getting Tatiana Maslany in Rogue One.

starwarsnewsnet dot com is not the official site, so I caution you not to take this as an official announcement.

6 hours ago, John said:

The director of Logan helming a Boba Fett spinoff? Could turn out interesting, though I'm not convinced it's a movie that needs to be made.

Might as well stop worrying about "what needs to be made" right now.

There will be many, many more Star Wars films to follow that also technically aren't needed.

10 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Thats not the official Star Wars site...

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

A Marco Beltrami Star Wars score?

Karol

Actually... for Boba that might work. Not sure he’s melodic enough for Star Wars though. 

38 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Actually... for Boba that might work. Not sure he’s melodic enough for Star Wars though. 

Gods of Egypt had some pretty good bits!

10 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Haven't heard Hellboy, I guess? That score is chock full of melodic themes...including one that even sounds rather Star Wars-y.

Yavar

Of the current heavyweights I'd probably pick Chris Young. If you want exotic, grimy and grotesque, he's your man.   

I still haven't quite warmed to Beltrami, even after Gods of Egypt, but given his resume he'd be an obvious choice.

15 hours ago, Sharky said:

I still haven't quite warmed to Beltrami, even after Gods of Egypt, but given his resume he'd be an obvious choice.

Beltrami is an excellent craftsman but his music just isn't very enjoyable to listen to out of context.  It's a bit like reading a film score manual.  

1 minute ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Beltrami is an excellent craftsman but his music just isn't very enjoyable to listen to out of context.  It's a bit like reading a film score manual.  

I think I saw the particular manual Silvestri learned from at a second hand shop once. I regret not buying it.

Just now, Sharky said:

Silvestri would be an ace perfect fit for Boba if he could channel some of that Predator 2 mojo. He could even bring along the Ray Pizzi and his hose-oon.

Wait Ray Pizzi is still alive? 

As someone who thought Logan was a pretty slick movie, this could actually be cool! If he's allowed to go full on Wild West bounty hunter mode with the cinematic grit to accompany it...when's the last big movie besides the latest Mad Max that was genuinely badass? I'm talkin' Sweet Sweetback badass.

Also, count me as another who is mystified that people can listen to an album of Beltrami.

14 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

"Composers used to have artistic soul and spirit, but these days all film composers are computer programmers!" - Bette Davis 

9886090_ori.jpg

"She has a point. An idiotic one, but a point."

11 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

As someone who thought Logan was a pretty slick movie, this could actually be cool! If he's allowed to go full on Wild West bounty hunter mode with the cinematic grit to accompany it...when's the last big movie besides the latest Mad Max that was genuinely badass? I'm talkin' Sweet Sweetback badass.

Now you're just being cruel. You're teasing me with the imaginary prospect of a George Miller Boba Fett film.

12 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Now you're just being cruel. You're teasing me with the imaginary prospect of a George Miller Boba Fett film.

Awwwwwww yeah, baby, now that decision would put Kathleen Kennedy back in good graces!

Nick- who finds it funny that Kennedy has been a respected film producer behind some of the most beloved and popular films for decades, then after becoming Lucasfilm president  gets treated as some nasty nobody newcomer by disgruntled Star Wars fans

19 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Naboo response teams or Jedi clean-up crews never attempted to recover his body?

Speaking of which, and steering this away from potential spoilers for a different thread, what ever happened to Jango Fett's body? Did Geonosian janitors just sweep up his body and put it in the dumpster? They had a lot of overtime that day, I'm sure.