'Ghostbusters', 'Forrest Gump' to get theatrical re-release

Ricard

Sony Pictures Entertainment will commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Ghostbusters franchise with special events and home entertainment releases, including a theatrical re-release of the original 1984 film.

A restored and remastered version of the blockbuster will return big screen in over 700 locations in the U.S. and Canada for a limited engagement beginning Aug. 29, just ahead of Labor Day weekend.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ghostbusters-30th-anniversary-theater-re-release-1201214268/

In honor of Forrest Gump's 20th Anniversary this year, Paramount Pictures announced today that it will release the 1994 classic from director Robert Zemeckis in IMAX theaters for the first time, starting September 5.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/forrest-gump-is-coming-to-imax-theaters-this-september

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely see Forrest Gump in IMAX. And probably Ghostbusters in the theater again.

This is good news for Ghostbusters. I had been thinking about participating in the group watch on Saturday at 3 to watch the first movie on the 30th of its theatrical release, but the weather will be too nice to stay inside.

I could not be more ambivalent toward this piece of news. I just thought you should know.

I enjoyed Forest Gump but why anyone would pay inflated prices to see it in IMAX is hard to understand.