BTTF full score release by Omni Music

filmusicfan

Hi All,

Omni Music Publishing editor here.

I couldn't legally advertise this until now (long story), but the full score to Back To The Future is soon to be released, probably mid-July. Unfortunately, this will be a North America release ONLY, so far. I'm trying to get print permission for world ex. N. America, but to no avail. This has been a tough one, plagued with all sorts of permission issues, and there's a issue with the cover that hasn't been resolved. In the end, it's about the contents, and this is a great score that has some genuine moments of classic film music! Stay tuned . . .

This is great and all, but didn't Intrada Records already release Alan Silvestri's complete score for Back to the Future?

What about the full score for Part II and III? Won't they be released?

Price is $75.00. Just like The Matrix, this will also contain an analysis of the main theme, secondary themes, motives, and Silvestri's use of the symmetrical diminished scale, all with music examples.

Great news! Still pretty excited for The Matrix, but this just adds more to the fun.

• 1 month later...

Me thinks the announcement was made too soon. Some lawyer probably got a bug up the butt about something esoteric, or a PR person their knickers in a twist about the cover. "Can we change the yellow over there by one shade? No, just one shade-- only enough that my girlfriend with 20/10 eyesite will notice."

• 1 month later...

Still waiting on approval from Amblin to use the poster artwork on the cover. This was supposed to be released in July, and it was completely ready, but because of politics it's still awaiting a release. Furiously working on Silverado, though, and I've submitted a request for another real good one, so, fingers crossed . . .

Oh, and if anyone wants to contact me directly, please do so at info@omnimusicpublishing.com

• 3 weeks later...

BTTF at the printer and Silverado is in the works? Hopefully in time for Christmas for Mr. Broughton.

Damn! I'm supposed to be in public tonight and I'm not wearing my boner pants...

Oh, i thought you live outside of US.

I don't. I just know how to ship it internationally. Please PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

Do you really think it's hard for a non-US resident to have a friend buy a US-only product and then ship it to them?

Well if you want me to buy it and mail it to you just let me know

Oh, thank you very much, that is very kind of you indeed!

I'll keep it in mind then, when I can afford it.

edit: Hmmm.. Something is wrong with the site probably.

I just tried to see if I could purchase it from Greece, and it seems I can.

I selected my country, it shows my shipping address, and still it doesn't say that this item doesn't ship outside of US.

(shipping: $66)

I'm just one step before "pay now".

I imagine that when the order is received by a human at OmniMusicPublishing, you would get a nice little e-mail reminding you that the title is not available outside North America. To have the website be able to sort which titles are available in which areas of the world might be cost prohibitive.

Got mine ordered.

I imagine that when the order is received by a human at OmniMusicPublishing, you would get a nice little e-mail reminding you that the title is not available outside North America. To have the website be able to sort which titles are available in which areas of the world might be cost prohibitive.

Got mine ordered.

I remember that in Edward Schissorhands, you couldn't purchase it.

When i got to paypal, it said that I can't buy it.

• 3 weeks later...

it arrived....wonderful score. Nice notes at the front reminding us all what a right clever sod Mr Silvestri is.....great time to be a film score buff.....what's next ?

t