Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

On 10/22/2016 at 6:26 PM, mrbellamy said:

I don't think that's a very solid confirmation...just a vague skirting of the question.

Two ways you can read it, could mean "We will find out about her parents in 8 next year" or "We'll just have to wait and see if it's revealed in 8 next year."

But I agree with Pieter that I'm kinda hoping she's a nobody.

You're right, we shouldn't read too much into this.

I actually do hope she's related to the Skywalkers -- or at least some other major character is (and Ren doesn't really feel close enough of a relation IMO). 

I think GL always envisioned the sequel trilogy being about Anakin's grandchildren and it would be disappointing if the main character wasn't related. 

Somehow I feel like Rey can't be related to Luke though. It's been hinted too strongly; there'd be no surprise, really (not exactly "I am your father").

On 10/25/2016 at 4:19 AM, BloodBoal said:

Well, now it's a fucking tragedy.

It's not a tragedy. It's a story of hope, ultimately. Vader is redeemed and everyone lives happily ever after (well, at least until they decided to do TFA). The prequel trilogy is a tragedy, but the first six films as a whole? No. 

• 1 month later...

While the whole world waits with baited breath for Rogue One, the title for Episode VIII flies under the radar. When you read what it is, you will not believe it!

http://epicstream.com/news/Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-Title-Possibly-Revealed

Wahhhhh, that breaks the tradition! :( They've never repeated a noun in an Episode title (Menace, Clones, Sith, Empire, Jedi, The Force).

Surely Dark Side and Republic are overdue at this point. Even Resistance or First Order would be fitting in this trilogy.

The second film is the lowest in any trilogy, so the film traditionally has a title relating to the bad guys advancing. Shadows of the Dark Side? The Dark Side Beckons?

I'm guessing the film revolves around Luke and Rey's struggle between the light and the dark (already hinted with Rey in TFA, and Luke seems to have given up on a New Jedi Order). Duel of the Fates would be a fitting title for such a story; damn that JW for using it already!

Rise of the Dark Side

The Dark Side Returns
Dawn of Darkness
Age of Darkness
Resurrection of the Dark

Star W8rs

Geez, everything feels derivative in modern Hollywood, doesn't it?

13 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Yeah, thank god JW never used The Dark Side Beckons!

Well, he's had track titles including Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope and Return of the Jedi so it's excusable. :P

I remember Order of the Dark Side being rumoured when production began. In keeping with the OT having the second film named after the villains at least.

I quite liked that title, too. Certainly better than the other two rumoured titles, Tale of the Jedi Temple and Fall of the Resistance.

It may be viewed as too derivative of Order of the Phoenix, however.

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

While the whole world waits with baited breath for Rogue One, the title for Episode VIII flies under the radar. When you read what it is, you will not believe it!

http://epicstream.com/news/Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-Title-Possibly-Revealed

Verdi's gonna sue their asses.

I mean Johnson's clearly making a joke.

Also I wonder if the music track he's referring to is the temp or if they're already editing in newly recorded music (since recording is said to be starting this month).

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I mean Johnson's clearly making a joke.

Also I wonder if the music track he's referring to is the temp or if they're already editing in newly recorded music (since recording is said to be starting this month).

Gotta be the temp if today is indeed the first session. 

Though that's sort of poor timing to make this joke on the day JW apparently starts lol. Would be nice to show a little enthusiasm for your composer too, Rian! ;)

Just watch, next summer it'll be "Sometimes I just like to mute the score track and blast some Toto. Joseph Williams > Johnny Baby!!!"

KK on Ep. 8 trailers, etc.:

We're giving this a little breathing room. Probably heading into spring you'll start to see things.

Sounds like we'll be waiting a little while. I'm now thinking almost certainly SW Celebration in April for first teaser launch.