Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

4 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Is this not Carrie?

Screenshot_2017-04-14-18-09-00.png

Yes, that is General Leia

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Could be Laura Dern's character...

hhhmm, I don't think so..... You had Rey's music on top of that part, so if Laura Dern is playing an antagonist to Leia which is what they are predicting, I would imagine this is Leia.

Just now, ocelot said:

hhhmm, I don't think so..... You had Rey's music on top of that part, so if Laura Dern is playing an antagonist to Leia which is what they are predicting, I would imagine this is Leia.

Yep, and plus Leia saying "help me Obi-wan Kenobi" at the same scene.

One more thing about the trailer, I wonder if those books that are shown after they show Vaders burnt helmet is the Journal of the Whills?  They were mentioned in Rogue One...

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Sigh. Should I look that up on wookiepedia? I can't keep up with this shit.

It was in the first drafts of the original Star Wars.  

*shrug*

I really only keep up with stuff if it's in an actual movie. I'm a hardcore casual fan?

I know that the word 'whills' meant nothing to me when I first saw Rogue One.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

*shrug*

I really only keep up with stuff if it's in an actual movie. I'm a hardcore casual fan?

I know that the word 'whills' meant nothing to me when I first saw Rogue One.

That's ok.  It's just fan service.  Would be cool if it is explained in this movie though.

52 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

I don't think it will be too bloody, what with it being Disney. 

You mean with it being Star Wars. The Disney factor isn't relevant; it's not like they've reigned the gore in since the previous movies in the series is it. 

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The new trailer seems to hint at Luke going bad, but that doesn't mean it will actually happen. 

Trailers are often used to put people on the wrong foot.

Where does it imply that?

Karol

Yeah it makes sense to me that it'd be some new enlightenment, Luke seeing problems with the dogma of the Jedi as a whole and as an obstacle to a greater understanding of the Force. The "It's so much bigger" line may be related.

51 minutes ago, stewdog1 said:

One more thing about the trailer, I wonder if those books that are shown after they show Vaders burnt helmet is the Journal of the Whills?  They were mentioned in Rogue One...

That's not Vader's helmet, that's Kylo's. I wonder how he still had it, after leaving it on the bridge on the Starkiller shortly before the planet's destruction.

3 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Ah, true.

Didn't know that.

It comes from the book Bloodline set 6 years before TFA. Where there is a faction of the Senate that once they find out who her father was, go against her and it is the reason why she is General Leia and more of an outcast in TFA when in the book she was set on being the new leader of the Senate. Carise Sindian is instrumental in outing her and getting everyone to go against her, which is who I thought Laura Dern might play although in the book Carise is said to be Asian looking (I must have been sleeping when I read that because I don't remember reading that part). Even though, everyone still thinks that she might be either her or another of high nobility that is a thorn in Leia's side. But who knows, until it is totally verified she could be anyone or even just a cameo.

2 hours ago, stewdog1 said:

It's not Vader's Helmet, it's Kylo's, but either way, the mystery begins...

"The Last Jedi" is singular, according to Rian Johnson

Makes sense given what we heard in the trailer. 

----------

I love that, from the trailer, it looks like this film will really explore the spiritual aspects, which was really missing in TFA! I love the hints of Luke creating a sort of "gray Jedi" or balanced Force user who is greater than any before him. Or, in theory, it could even mean he's turning to the dark side and taking Rey with him, or attempting to. 

I love the Falcon in the fluffy clouds too. That planet looks awesome even from that little glimpse. I wonder if it's Canto Bight!

1 hour ago, Will said:

"The Last Jedi" is singular, according to Rian Johnson

Makes sense given what we heard in the trailer. e. I wonder if it's Canto Bight!

Ridiculous, the french official title is "Les derniers Jedi", Jedi at plural.

There are three people on that poster : Luke, Kylo and Rey.

10 hours ago, Quintus said:

Probably, but I can still dream. 

I just like the idea of Williams being that versatile that he knows how to get down with the kids when the job calls for it. 

Last time I felt that was No Man's Land in War Horse. Holy shit, a man from almost a century ago writing kick-ass fresh action music. 

4 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

Trailer looked amazing. Incredibly well done. 

I guess I don't have your eyes. Please enlighten me? What is it that you pay attention to because I see nothing new (unless you get a kick out of red fumes or mist).

Have any of you listened to the trailer without watching? Maybe you don't have my ears but the voices, especially the pronunciation of the word "Darkness". Some of words or lines sound like they come from amateur fanmade material (again). Bollemanneke will know what I mean. Aesthetically, the speech isn't very sound. Is this due to unmusical direction? Indeed, the human speech is music too.

18 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Maybe Rey will end up with a purple lightsaber herself!

That's sexist! What, cause she's a girl she uses a purple lightsaber? What's wrong with blue, huh?!

Ireland, are ya well? Cos you're looking well!

18 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

It's possible.

Though it's also possible she is the granddaughter of someone else.

She is definitely someone's granddaughter!

12 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Star Wars fans have a weird fixation on blood relations in its characters. You never find this in Star Trek.

Yeah, a franchise built around a family saga. Totally weird that the fans would be interested in bloodlines....