Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

Just now, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I imagine the post is about Tom Hanks' character working in a post sorting centre and he comes across a mislapped package. He then spends the two hour runtime returning said package further enshrining his "good guy" image. 

cast2.jpg

Of course, in actuality, Hanks is playing Ben Bradlee, editor-in-chief of the Washington Post and ruthless professional who managed the Post's historic investigations into abuses of power in the late 60s and early 70s.  So...yeah.

More than likely not (you know I love me some Spotlight) but I'm all for more movies about the nitty gritty of investigative journalism though!

Truth be told, though, the Pentagon Papers story isn't as much about investigate journalism as Watergate.  It's more about the press standing up to attempts by the government to suppress stories.

No.

Hamill was similarly annoyed by his lack of screentime in TFA. At Celebration he owned up to this and said he was completely wrong; he hadn't envisaged how effective it would all work in the final film with JW's music and so forth.

It's fantastic news that they've done something unexpected with Luke; everyone had a specific idea about what an eventual ST with Luke would look like and this feels like a departure from the expected.

Either way, we all know JW will make it work with the score. A bitter, contorted, resentful Luke Skywalker represented musically by the Maestro? Yes please! And clearly JW's enjoying himself, based on his insistence to provide source music when offered the chance to skip it (as with TFA).

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-lego-rumors/

I'm somewhat disappointed with the design of the new walker in TLJ. It's basically just a rehash of the AT-AT, just with a few minor changes. Snoke's figure looks really interesting though.

19 hours ago, king mark said:

He tweeted recently and with his typical good cheer that he was wrong in that initial assessment. I just took his first response to mean that we're in for some surprises. And maybe Luke doesn't follow the obvious route of becoming the next Obi Wan/Yoda mentor figure??

Here's the tweet. And I love Rian's comment - lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so apparently there's been a major leak of Last Jedi plot details from a disgruntled ex-Lucasfilm employee.

I'm taking this opportunity to preemptively remind everyone:

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN DISCUSSING ANYTHING EVEN TANGENTIALLY RELATED TO LEAKED INFO!!!!

44 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Ok, so apparently there's been a major leak of Last Jedi plot details from a disgruntled ex-Lucasfilm employee.

Any idea how to find this "leak"? (probably fake, I assume)

I promise I will use spoiler tags if I talk about it! 

Spoiler

Rey, in a test given by her mentor Luke, battles a giant sloth-like sea monster that, after she defeats it, is revealed to be the disguised spirit of the redeemed Anakin Skywalker, portrayed by Hayden Christiansen.

Spoiler

Similar to Empire Strikes Back, The Last Jedi ends on a dark and foreboding note, with the film ending with a scene in which Luke Skywalker stands before Supreme Leader Snoke in the Dark Lord's massive throne room, aboard his personal Star Destroyer.

Given that those spoilers arose on 4Chan and don't seem to have been confirmed, they're probably fake.

But like most, they don't really sound that bad! Fun read.

This one seems to have a lot more plot "holes" in the story. 

I do worry given how long a period the sessions took place over that he may have tinkered all throughout them and made Williams rewrite stuff just like Abrams (just on an earlier timeline). We'll see. I'm hoping it will turn out better, that's for sure. 

21 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Why are people worried about that? That seems to be the point of this drawn out schedule. 

I guess I phrased myself badly earlier. I love the rewrites, because it means ultimately more Williams music. The real issue is that, at least for TFA, most scenes were edited after the rewrites, causing us to end up with tons of messy microedits in the film, probably not many fewer than if Abrams had just taken the traditional approach -- record the music in a week or two late in post production.