Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

59 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

So has Disney/LFL been secretly using the Plinkett reviews as a guide to how to make a proper SW movie?

It would explain TFA anyway. 

Two years ago references to the PT were hard to find but they're everywhere now. The PT being part of Battlefront II is one the things they're pushing hardest in the marketing and there is more PT themed merchandise available too. I think the lack of PT and the Plinkett worship was a JJ thing. 

Plus theres an Obi-Wan movie on the cards with Ewan back so hard to spin that as anti-prequel. 

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Jimmy Smits and Genevieve O'Reilly in Rogue One, too.

Yes! And Mustafar and Coruscant made cameo appearances. 

Plus Hayden was a big big part of their biggest ever Star Wars Celebration this summer. 

1 hour ago, Sally Spectra said:

Would be nice to finally get a sequel to ROTS.

Yes! The Adventures of the Sith Lords

Woah.

Of course it's nothing particularly special, but since I'm dying for more footage/images, anything is awesome! 

Looks like it's staying at May 2018 too. Be weird if we don't have a trailer with TLJ so.

I wanted them to stay with Xmas releases though. 

8 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Looks like it's staying at May 2018 too. Be weird if we don't have a trailer with TLJ so.

I wanted them to stay with Xmas releases though. 

What are you talking about here?  This is the Last Jedi thread, not the Han Solo thread.  Last Jedi is coming out Dec 2017, Han Solo May 2018

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

What are you talking about here?  This is the Last Jedi thread, not the Han Solo thread.  Last Jedi is coming out Dec 2017, Han Solo May 2018

I meant to reply to the Han Solo thread, I've no idea how it ended up in here, sorry!

http://www.starwars.com/news/inside-two-deadly-new-first-order-vehicles-from-the-last-jedi

I know Star Destroyers are often compared to giant pizza slices, but this new ship looks exactly like said food. With the extended bridge in the rear as a stuffed crust. Overall, I really like the design. Very intimidating. The design for the new "AT-M6" looks neat as well. Aside from the fact that it has four legs and walks, it looks quite different from the original AT-AT design. Looks very much like a "beast of burden".

16 hours ago, JohnSolo said:

http://www.starwars.com/news/inside-two-deadly-new-first-order-vehicles-from-the-last-jedi

I know Star Destroyers are often compared to giant pizza slices, but this new ship looks exactly like said food. With the extended bridge in the rear as a stuffed crust. Overall, I really like the design. Very intimidating. The design for the new "AT-M6" looks neat as well. Aside from the fact that it has four legs and walks, it looks quite different from the original AT-AT design. Looks very much like a "beast of burden".

This is a first - now a Star Wars ship is making me hungry

57 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Why does the star destroyer have a penis?

It seems to have two, in fact.

30 minutes ago, Holko said:

It seems to have two, in fact.

Well it's like that old saying goes "two penises are better than one". 

Double penetration got a whole new meaning!

Just like the Devastator chasing the poor unwilling little Tantive IV.

11 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

There appears to be some kind of music in this "Force Friday" ad.  Probably not Williams but maybe???

Oh wow. Obviously it's very short and hard to hear, but there's nothing there that tells me it couldn't be Williams! Then again, it also sounds like something a trailer music composer could have done. I think it's beautiful, in any case. 

EDIT: The more I listen to it, the more it sounds like Williams... But I guess it could also be an imitator like Haab. 

Just now, KK said:

Hmmm...something about this doesn't sound right.

Haha yeah I noticed that. What I meant is that it's just so short it's hard to tell - basically anyone could have done it! 

1 hour ago, KK said:

Hmmm...something about this doesn't sound right.

The strings sound a bit artificial and compressed.  Otherwise, it's what I'd imagine Williams' take on a modern "sound design" score would sound like, the sustained choir note in particular (very A.I/War of the Worlds-esque).

But as @Will said, it could just as easily be from a trailer composer.  

50 minutes ago, crumbs said:

This score can't come soon enough!

I disagree.  The amount of time between now and TLJ is just right.  Looking forward to exploring the score in the superior winter months.

The Destroyer looks like somebody sat on an Imperial Star Destroyer.

I have no issues with the AT-M6 other than the fact it is huge, much larger than the AT-AT.

9 minutes ago, Gistech said:

The Destroyer looks like somebody sat on an Imperial Star Destroyer.

I have no issues with the AT-M6 other than the fact it is huge, much larger than the AT-AT.

Now the First Order can join flattened "slice destroyers" into a full circle and create a gigantic "Pie Destroyer". With several of those ventral cannons pointing every which way! Sure the thing couldn't move but boy would it be worth seeing!

46 minutes ago, Jay said:

DIcdq_UUIAAKNCg.jpg:large

Thanks for reminding me we already made it definitively plural... but now I gotta buy it for that poster!

The full cover has "Luke Strikes Back" on the bottom. -.-

If it contains any new/interesting pictures or info, I'll share it soon.

48 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Why?

Well, just because we haven't heard any reliable reports about one. Plus I can't think of any times where Lucasfilm has just dropped a trailer with no announcement. Usually we get at least a day's warning, IIRC. 

I could see them releasing a 15-second Instagram clip or something like they did with TFA around Force Friday, though. And, just because hope is a beautiful thing, I will hold out hope that they'll do what Bilbo's suggesting, even though I doubt it will happen.