Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

Just now, Disco Stu said:

You’re telling me that’s not a high hat I’m hearing around 1:05-1:10 or so?

That's from a separate presentation.  There's a french horn hymn-thing that seems to be coming from the booth speakers (it gets louder as the camera man gets closer)

Wow, it's really hard to hear, but it sounds beautiful. It seems a little too "over-the-top" for modern JW, though... 

Does anyone here suspect that Rey might be Darth Vader's daughter, rather than Luke's?

It just hit me that there are quite a few hints about that possibility in TFA. That lightsaber had been both Luke's and Vader's weapon, she is quite at ease with robots, she has a sort of supernatural ability in driving a spaceship she has never used before... I mean, it's not impossible. 

8 hours ago, Holko said:

hayden-christensen-as-anakin-skywalker-i

This friendly face just screams "Don't think I won't Force Rape you in your sleep."

Hayden's head was obviously cut and pasted from the scene where he says goodbye to Obi-Wan.

Is there an official explanation for why Luke and Uncle Owen were dressed in Jedi uniforms in the original Star Wars? Ben, Yoda and the ghost of Anakin all dressed the same and Lucas eventually copied this look for the Jedi in the prequels. But why do the non-Jedi dress like this in the old Star Wars? I'm breaking one of my own rules by overthinking this stuff.

28 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Is there an official explanation for why Luke and Uncle Owen were dressed in Jedi uniforms in the original Star Wars? Ben, Yoda and the ghost of Anakin all dressed the same and Lucas eventually copied this look for the Jedi in the prequels. But why do the non-Jedi dress like this in the old Star Wars? I'm breaking one of my own rules by overthinking this stuff.

Robes and tunics are typical, commonly-found garb in the Star Wars universe. It's not just reserved for Jedi.

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Because origianlly they weren't Jedi robes. Just clothes that poor desert dwelling people like Luke, Owen and Ben wore. The look kind of stuck and Lucas went along with it.

The Jedi robes took inspiration from layered Samurai tunics, so there was an effort in TPM onwards to set those robes apart from the ones seen in ANH, which appear to be rough and more homespun than the clean-cut look of something like Obi-Wan's costume in Revenge of the Sith. 

Qui-Gon did look a little more shambolic than the others though.

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Hayden's head was obviously cut and pasted from the scene where he says goodbye to Obi-Wan.

No, Hayden as filmed for a screen test or costume fitting but wasn’t told it was being used for Return of the Jedi. 

The question isn't just whether the new music is Williams' own, but whether the music features the existing themes or rather utilizes the trailer to introduce the main theme of the episode at hand.

4 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

The question isn't just whether the new music is Williams' own, but whether the music features the existing themes or rather utilizes the trailer to introduce the main theme of the episode at hand.

2g2oJG1

Wow, wow, wow, can't believe we're so close. It's almost like a dream after waiting for so many months LOL.

Should be getting the poster around noon ET!

The poster designs already leaked months ago on Making Star Wars. Nothing special and certainly not a Struzan, but probably still better than most of the dreck that passes for a film poster nowadays.

Makes me wonder if Struzan will even do Indy V's posters?

No, tomorrow we'll find out who the replacement composer is, just as Desplat's name vanished from the Rogue One posters in the final months.

Williams might receive a Themes By credit though.