Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

Had I know Sphero was going to make an R2-D2, I wouldn’t have bought the BB8 in 2015.

he doesn’t run well on carpet and collects too much dirt on the floor.

53 minutes ago, Will said:

Yeah, saw that too. Strange. 

My guess is that the warning is there because the movie doesn't have a rating yet, and the studio, etc., is trying to give some kind of guidance to people with kids who might be buying advance tickets.

1 minute ago, Seth said:

My guess is that the warning is there because the movie doesn't have a rating yet, and the studio, etc., is trying to give some kind of guidance to people with kids who might be buying advance tickets.

Oh, yep, you're right. I had thought it had already been rated PG-13. 

I don't remember TFA getting this kind of warning before it was rated. To be fair, though, TLJ does look like it will be more intense, comparatively speaking. Regarding the trailer, I found myself wondering if it is intentionally misleading. Surely Rian Johnson and whoever edited the trailer didn't mean to give away what appear to be major plot points. I will say that the look and tone the trailer points to made me wish Johnson was returning for the finale. I don't think it will be boring in any sense. 

10 minutes ago, Seth said:

I don't remember TFA getting this kind of warning before it was rated. To be fair, though, TLJ does look like it will be more intense, comparatively speaking. Regarding the trailer, I found myself wondering if it is intentionally misleading. Surely Rian Johnson and whoever edited the trailer didn't mean to give away what appear to be major plot points. I will say that the look and tone the trailer points to made me wish Johnson was returning for the finale. I don't think it will be boring in any sense. 

Yeah, there's actually a recent interview with Johnson where he said that he sat down with the marketing people and told them what was off-limits for the trailer. So presumably the big secrets are still totally secret. 

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-snoke-backstory-andy-serkis/

Good. Snoke was cool-looking and all in TFA, but you couldn't shake the feeling that JJ had no clue where he was going with the character, other than making a new Force-sensitive villain clearly under the Palpatine-archtype. I trust that Johnson has created a compelling backstory for the character.

There are some semi-obscure leaks/rumors about Snoke so be cautious, potential HUGE spoilers, all I'm gonna say is it would be a very interesting direction to go with him:

Spoiler

Snoke is possibly an ancient Sith lord from the Old Republic, and he's going to be a tie-in to a new series/franchise that takes place in that time period. As that is one of my favourite periods from the old canon, I'd love this to be true.

The character of Snoke, played by mo-cap genius Serkis of Lord of the Rings and Planet of the Apes fame, was first introduced in one of the most mysterious and riveting scenes of J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Riveting? Really? The Red Letter Media satire hits so close to mark. Snoke looks like an undead Hugh Hefner.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Riveting? Really? The Red Letter Media satire hits so close to mark. Snoke looks like an undead Hugh Hefner.

True. In The Force Awakens Snoke is an inappropriate-exposition-delivery device. Because why create a dramatic reveal when you can just say: "hey, apprentice with which I appearantly talk frequently, I'll just casually mention that Han Solo is your father, just in case you forgot, alright?"

Spoiler

.In the work...

Snoke_toy_0.JPG

In bathrobe ...

Snoke_toy.JPG

and a less threatening figure found only in the shops ...

11536793-1654512595544997.png

As we will see Snoke in the movie...

23 hours ago, KK said:

Smoke is one of the most uninspired designs I've ever seen in a major franchise. Especially awful when you consider how much work went into the art production and design of the rest of TFA.

I would very much have preferred Andy Serkis as is, with some characterization and such, instead of this. Why didn't they trust the way he looks? He would do fine.

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue to introduce Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s Crait on November 17th, 2017?

You may recall that TFA's Jakku Star Tours scene used "The Falcon" (although we weren't sure it was JW at the time, of course). 

So unless we get something from a TV spot, this could well be our first listen to JW's score! (albeit in terrible quality where you can barely hear anything)

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-box-office-predictions/

Looks like TLJ won't make as much money as TFA, as we all knew, but in the end, it's still going to have a record-breaking streak at the box office. Star Wars is truly back!