Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

It doesn't sound like the type of dialogue Darabont or Fisher would write.There's one constant in the prequels and that's Lucas. I'm sorry, E.T. and Elliot, just accept it.

Who said they were writing full scripts/dialogue and that Lucas even used any of their suggestions? "Consulting" was the word, I believe.

Karol

E.T. and Elliot! He wants to divert the blame.

Who said they were writing full scripts/dialogue and that Lucas even used any of their suggestions? "Consulting" was the word, I believe.

Karol

Blame obviously lies with Rick McCallum!

That's Hayden looking directly at George!

Yeah lighting the man really on fire for that scene was a mean trick on George's behalf. But look at all that raw emotion!

Karol

Blame obviously lies with Rick McCallum!

Every frame has so much going on!

It's interesting that Lucas wrote a script very late and instead decided to base it on the already advanced designs. So, basically, all those illustrators had no idea what it was even all about. Sounds like a good creative process!

Karol

It's interesting that Lucas wrote a script very late and instead decided to base it on the already advanced designs. So, basically, all those illustrators had no idea what it was even all about. Sounds like a good creative process!

Karol

He should have made the whole movie like that.

The only reason the prequels were made was to get the funding to make Red Tails.

YES! Because hundreds of millions of dollars of George's own money would never have enabled him to do it before!

Karol

He should have made the whole movie like that.

But he did! This is exactly the problem here. ;)

Karol

According to interviews with Lucas in Star Wars magazines I had in the early 90s, his next project was to be Red Tails, a film he'd wanted to make all his life. Instead, we got Jar Jar.

• 2 weeks later...

"Huh" is right.

Even before Ep. 7 has a chance to be the biggest, fetid, stinking pile of cinematic TURD since ISHTAR?

REALLY?

I haven't even had the chance to unzip my fly, yet some peoples children are trying to have an orgasm for me!

THIS should be the real title:

http://www.fal.net/2a/starwhore01.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

JJ Abrams on Episode 8

The script for VIII is written. I’m sure rewrites are going to be endless, like they always are. But what Larry (Kasdan) and I did was set up certain key relationships, certain key questions, conflicts. And we knew where certain things were going. We had meetings with Rian and Ram Bergman, the producer of VIII. They were watching dailies when we were shooting our movie. We wanted them to be part of the process, to make the transition to their film as seamless as possible. I showed Rian an early cut of the movie, because I knew he was doing his rewrite and prepping. And as executive producer of VIII, I need that movie to be really good. Withholding serves no one and certainly not the fans. So we’ve been as transparent as possible.
“Rian has asked for a couple of things here and there that he needs for his story. He is an incredibly accomplished filmmaker and an incredibly strong writer. So the story he told took what we were doing and went in the direction that he felt was best, but that is very much in line with what we were thinking as well. But you’re right—that will be his movie; he’s going to do it in the way he sees fit. He’s neither asking for nor does he need me to oversee the process.