John Williams scores - by Film Studio

Jay

On 02/07/2014 at 4:38 PM, Jay said:

Warner Brothers

1. 1987 The Witches Of Eastwick (Perseverance 2012 release is not expanded)
  2. 1988 The Accidental Tourist (FSM 2008 release is not expanded)
  3. 1991 JFK
  4. 1996 Sleepers

Sad to think that these four will likely never happen (expansions that is).

13 hours ago, Amer said:

I'd love to hear a new remaster of SLEEPERS in a high resolution pass. I dont have the math on what's missing but the score has a heart.

There’s only about 8 minutes of score in the film that’s not on the OST: 64 minutes vs. 56 minutes.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's nice to have a few alternates added, but I would hardly consider the new Quartet Jane Eyre a definitive release of the score and cross it off the list, considering the majority of the score as written and recorded for the film is still missing.

Yavar

Of course, but at this point it's wise to assume those elements no longer exist on this earth and this is everything that does exist

With how the tools are progressing, I believe there might be a time not that far from now when the film stems can just be cleaned satisfactorily from any other intruding sounds.

But I'll buy this set of course!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Of course, but at this point it's wise to assume those elements no longer exist on this earth and this is everything that does exist

After LLL's original 2CD expansion of Hook, the same assumption could have been made... but you didn't. :)

For many years we heard that certain Goldsmith scores like Shamus or Take Her, She's Mine were definitely lost/unsalvageable, and yet in the past few years we have gotten them. So I'll continue to live in hope that those seven missing reels from Jane Eyre that Mike mentioned at FSM might eventually show up some day.

Yavar

8 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

After LLL's original 2CD expansion of Hook, the same assumption could have been made... but you didn't. :)

I don't see an equivalent comparison at all.  I never thought Sony Pictures had misplaced or lost any Hook elements.  My understanding was that Didier was content with using what Sony Music had in-house to put together that album.

8 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I'll continue to live in hope that those seven missing reels from Jane Eyre that Mike mentioned at FSM might eventually show up some day.

I sure hope that the rest of Jane Eyre's 3-track masters are found somewhere some day!

Is it indeed seven reels that are missing from Jane Eyre? If we assume each reel contains 5 minutes, then we're talking at least 30 - 35 minutes of music? Or maybe even more? That's half of more of the actual score, right?

It's sad to think that there's approx. half an hour of John Williams music that could be lost forever :(