• Black Sunday
    • Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
    • Star Wars
    • The Fury
    • Jaws 2
    • Superman The Movie
    • Dracula
    • Jane Eyre

Tough one indeed!! Star wars, Jaws, CEOTTK, 1941. All great scores, but eventually went with Jaws.

There are a few unkown soundtracks for me. Meaning: I know JW has written de soundtrack for that movie, but never listen to them. It's going on my to-do list!!

You want me to choose between Jaws, Star Wars, Close Encounters and Superman: The Movie? I mean, technically, most, if not all, of The Empire Strikes Back was composed in '79, wasn't it?

Shouldn't this be in the JW section?

Ssstttt...

Well, Quint already voted, so...

Et tu Ricard?

So dissapointing.

Very true. Also, technically, 1980 belongs to the '70s ;)

Sure, like the year 2000 technically belonged to the 20th century. But that was ignored by almost anyone

I would rank them as follows:

1) Jane Eyre

2) Close Encounters

3) Dracula

4) 1941

5) Star Wars

6) Superman: The Movie

7) Family Plot

8) Black Sunday

9) Jaws

10) Jaws 2

To be honest i find the John Williams subforum to be the worst thing you ever did. Probably the only bad thing you did to be honest.

I dont see the need for it. It was just giving in to panic and Jason's OCD, which should not be encouraged in any way.

I love ya, but in this case I think you screwed up and the MB is a hell of a lot worse for it

I will never understand the continuing backlash over a relatively small and easy-to-adapt-to change in the MB's format. i think its fine as it is

As you all know, I wholeheartedly agree with Stefan Cosman on this one.

Two of the most omnipresent posters here must have a point. They must know the JWFan secret sauce more than anyone, surely.

But no, continue to ignore the warnings! Soon there will be barely anybody left - even upon the release of a new Star Wars score! New (fleeting) visitors do not necessarily make good and loyal forum personalities!

Or something.

I think the JW subforum is fine, even if it took me 3 months to realize it existed. It's just that I didn;t have it bookmarked and rarely browse the main forum page where every sub forum is listed

Just bookmark it

Now the Reviews board is completely useless!

And I voted for Star Wars (2 is Superman and 3 is Jaws)

As you all know, I wholeheartedly agree with Stefan Cosman on this one.

Two of the most omnipresent posters here must have a point. They must know the JWFan secret sauce more than anyone, surely.

But no, continue to ignore the warnings! Soon there will be barely anybody left - even upon the release of a new Star Wars score! New (fleeting) visitors do not necessarily make good and loyal forum personalities!

Or something.

Thank you for your support, but I fear it's pointless. Because this is how we are perceived by the rest of them!

statler_waldorf_02_01.jpeg

Sure, like the year 2000 technically belonged to the 20th century. But that was ignored by almost anyone

1980 belongs to the 7th decade of the 1900s, just like 2000 was the last year of the 20th century. But aren't "the 70s" a term for "all the xx7x" years? I don't think they're synonymous with the 7th decade. ESB belongs to the 80s.

1980 belongs to the 7th decade of the 1900s, just like 2000 was the last year of the 20th century. But aren't "the 70s" a term for "all the xx7x" years? I don't think they're synonymous with the 7th decade. ESB belongs to the 80s.

That is also true! :thumbup:

Anyway, The Fury. I wouldn't necessarily put it clearly above SW, CE3K and the likes, but neither below, and it's bounds to get fewer votes than those.

Runners up include SW, CE3K, Jane Eyre and perhaps Jaws and The Cowboys (if only for certain set pieces and/or the ouverture, but if I focus on single cues, I might as well include Jaws 2).

I still haven't heard Towering Inferno and (besides the main titles) Earthquake.

About the decade thing, or the JW subforum? :D

Make up your mind about that question, too. :P