What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Newer Films)

King Mark

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Ridley at least has some earnestness in her. I can't stand Emma Watson. Everything about her performance screams fake plastic to me. 

8 minutes ago, Hurmm said:

No, Ridley at least has some earnestness in her. I can't stand Emma Watson. Everything about her performance screams fake plastic to me. 

Yep! No talent whatsoever! And boyish or at least androgynous looks ...

Daisy is not the best actress in the world, but I also agree as others have said that she indeed as a certain easterness to her. Plus, I think she's really good with facial expressions. She sells a lot on that alone

Star Wars : The Last Jedi - well, I see online fan-opinion is decidedly mixed and I did find it a little on the overlong side.

However I also found it thrilling, spectacular, amusing and unexpectedly moving.   

Mark Hamill is just awful in TLJ. He is one of the inconsistencies of this often brilliant often prequel like film.

Yup. Hamill was the highlight for me as well. The earnestness in his performance brought a real charm to a film that could have otherwise been another dull plot-heavy blockbuster.

Fisher wasn't as great. But better than TFA, I agree.

OH My, you people think he was good? My gawd he is awful. The worst actor in the film. His only moment was against Oz.

13 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

You mean 'boring' like Sideways

sideways.jpg

I never saw sideways. sounds boring. a movie about people drinking wine. pass

I think Downsizing just didn't know what kind of film it wanted to be. A scifi comedy, a romcom, an end of the world apocalypse film, a discussion on the class system, and health care

I don't understand why there aren't massive squadrons of hungry birds swooping down to eat the tiny people in their shrunken paradise. 

And the tiny sizes coupled with now relatively larger O2 molecules should probably lead to widespread heart attacks. 

But what do I know. 

2 hours ago, Woj said:

I don't understand why there aren't massive squadrons of hungry birds swooping down to eat the tiny people in their shrunken paradise. 

And the tiny sizes coupled with now relatively larger O2 molecules should probably lead to widespread heart attacks. 

But what do I know. 

They live in protected environments though they mention the bird really are not interested 

9 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Sideways is fantastic. One of the best movies of that decade, and probably the best film of 2004.

I'm glad that somebody here at JWFan liked it. It's a comedy where the people actually feel like real people. 

Downsizing lost its appeal to me the moment I heard it was about miniaturizing people.

Rotten Tomatoes:

Sideways: 96%

Downsizing: 51%