What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Newer Films)

King Mark

What's the consensus here about Malek and Rhapsody winning the Globes?  I didn't watch the film, but I get the sense from reading reviews and summaries that it was just solid all 'round, but nothing spectacular.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is that 2 week old (at the time) portraying the aborted fetus in that movie in RowVwade

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

475BCFF4-4133-47AF-BDB0-1FC9277DF663.jpeg

Wow, I really, really loved this. Great writing, great soundtrack, fun characters, solid emotional beats; it ticked off every box for me. And the animation; man, this is a beautiful looking movie. Visually, it blew me away. This will be remembered as a groundbreaker in the animation genre. 

Without a doubt the best Spider-Man movie, and maybe the best Marvel movie, period. It’s that good. 

On 1/8/2019 at 1:55 PM, JoeinAR said:

There is that 2 week old (at the time) portraying the aborted fetus in that movie in RowVwade

I don't suppose they give out Oscars for Best Supporting Foetus, otherwise the Starchild would have won, ages ago.

21 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I'm waiting for the Live Action version.

Disney will get to it eventually 

I lived through Cheney as Vice. I sure as hell don't want to see a movie about it.

Watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Mary Poppins Returns today. The first one was actually quite good, with some really imaginative animation. It was whimsical and heartfelt. The latter was... ok. I liked some of the music.

Karol

14 minutes ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

Revisiting Solo on netflix. Music is strangely better mixed here than it was when I saw this in theatres. Or at least, I can actually hear it this time. 

We just watched it tonight as well, the credits are still rolling. The music was delightful, ie all the appearances of classic themes interspersed at appropriate times. Nice action flick for kids, a good cast, but the main actor only has one acting style: smile like a goofball the whole time. I had to explain to my wife that the hologram was who she thought. 

8 hours ago, W0$ said:

but the main actor only has one acting style: smile like a goofball the whole time.

Han in this film doesn't really have the machismo that the one in the OT had. No surprise, I guess.

8 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Thats fine for you?

My parents all say that it is essential to say something positive before you offer your criticism. ;)

Anyway... I've seen Bumblebee earlier today and it wasn't horrible. Going to see Stan and Ollie later this evening.

Karol

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

My parents all say that it is essential to say something positive before you offer your criticism. ;)

They are right. Criticism is a shit sandwich: say something good, then something bad, but always end with something good, again. I guarantee that people will remember the last bit.

Did a horror double feature. The Nun and Hell Fest. Probably should have said horrible double feature but despite both films having issues I found something to like in each film. I loved the demonic nun in The Nun. 

What I really  liked was the totally  ballsy ending to Hell Fest. Wonderfully completely disturbing. 

I don't like all apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic movies but I like ...

The Mist

Bird Box

A Quiet Place

28 Days Later

Blindness

Cloverfield

Dawn Of The Dead

Tell us the ones you like and don't forget to subscribe!

46 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Great movie, right Alex!

birdcage.0.0.png

Its an okay movie. Too over the top

for me.

It's worth the price of admission, just to see Gene Hackman in drag.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I don't like all apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic movies but I like ...

28 Days Later

I liked 28 DAYS LATER, when I saw it, but the two friends whom I saw it with, didn't. Oh, well. Their loss.

Some of my favourite apocalyptic films are the MAD MAX trilogy, ON THE BEACH, THE DAY AFTER, BBC's THREADS, WHEN THE WIND BLOWS, WAR OF THE WORLDS (either version), SHAUN OF THE DEAD, and THE DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE. The BBC also did three good apocalyptic TV shows - SURVIVORS ('70s version) THE CHANGES, and THE DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS. Oh, yeah, there's also WHOOPS APOCALYPSE.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Indeed. Maybe they are more into 28 Weeks Later, like Joe?

Why am I being dragged in this. I saw 28 weeks later once. I enjoyed it but not something I would revisit often.

I would love to see any version of Day of the Triffids

No, Joe, you wouldn't.

The Howard Keel DOTT, is not good. The BBC DOTT, is not bad, mainly because of John Duttine's central performance.

Oh, yeah; the BBC also did an adaptation of THE TRIPODS. It wasn't brilliant.

Hey, guys, would either 1984, or the MATRIX trilogy count as "post-apocalyptic"?

The Matrix is overrated. The sequels are crap. I never thought of it as apocalyptic. 

Richard I liked the Howard Keel Triffids as  kid and thought it was cool. I love the basic story.