The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until after the next couple of phases are done, after effectively "phasing out"(pun excusable) some of the current roster of heros.  This property seems a bit extraneous right now, and frankly, they need to make room.  No need to keep adding without subtracting.

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

So far it appeared in every single film he's in.

I'm seeing it (along with two previous films) on Thursday night.

Karol

I don't recall it in The Avengers movies. It was even conspicuously absent in any developed form that I could recognise in Silvestri's own Avengers score.

At 1:27. Quick statements can be heard about 3 or 4 times in the score. The same statement is tracked (re-recorded) into the Seoul chase in Age of Ultron. Elfman himself quotes the theme softly in his final cue (when Captain says he's home). You can hear it at the very beginning of this cue.

And it also appears in Thor 2 when Loki mocks Cap.

Karol

It still would have been cool if they didn't let on that Spider-man was in the film in any trailers or TV spots, and didnt' even announce he was cast or anthing and it was a surprise to opening weekend viewers.  Of course it opens in the UK a week before the US so it would have been hard to stay totally spoiler-free about that

Marvel always opens a picture on the first Friday of May here

2008 - Iron Man

2010 - Iron Man 2

2011 - Thor

2012 - Avengers

2013 - Iron Man 3

2014 - Winter Soldier (For whatever reason, this one year it opened up a month early, in early April instead)

2015 - Age of Ultron

2016 - Civil War

And they always open a week earlier in Europe.  Probably some tax credit thing, who knows

Civil War is getting good reviews something Snyder DC films wish they'd get.

I don't think Marvel Studios has an interest in developing a new movie for him or having him cameo in their MCU films again either

Jon Favreau Confirms Return To The Marvel Cinematic Universe

It's a clickbait-y headline; He's not directing anything for them, just exec-producing Infinity War.  Which isn't surprised considering he got exec producer credits on Avengers 1 & 2 and Iron Man 3.  I doubt he has much creative input in any of these....

Batman V Superman Helped To Get Captain America: Civil War Made

Interesting quotes from the Russos inside.  Seem like Fiege and them are a match made in heaven right now for developing tent poles that actually take risks instead of repeating tropes over and over again

Kevin Feige Confirms That Marvel Studios Has Complete Creative Control Over SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

That's gotta be a good thing.

He also talks about Nick Fury returning to the MCU before Infinity War (he's not in Civil War).  So he could be in Spider-man, trying to recruit Peter Parker for a re-built SHIELD (I don't watch the TV show so don't know what's been up with SHIELD since Hydra took it down during Winter Soldier, but I imagine SHIELD will be back eventually).

SHIELD has never stopped existing - it now operates in the shadows.  At the end of season 1, Fury cedes control of the organization over to Coulson.

Whether that organization or those characters will ever play into the movies, doubtful.  Seems like every "Avengers" movie there's a rumor that we'll see characters, but those rumors are never actually true.

I remember Nick Fury drives off towards the end of Winter Soldier to go to some other country to do.... something (I can't remember), then in Age of Ultron he kinda shows up, makes no reference to whatever that was, then leaves again (I don't remember that movie too well apparently).  Did the show explain all that?  Is he on some kind of mission that will probably pay off in a future movie?

Fury saves Fitz-Simmons from certain death at the end of season one.

In season two Fury works behind the scenes with Coulson to get the airship ready for the climax of Age Of Ultron, and help regain control of the rebuilt SHIELD.

Sam Jackson has 2 cameo appearances in season 1, but doesn't appear in season 2.

5 hours ago, publicist said:

Captain America Civil War - 13 minute suite

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=1441

Sounds strong, I say.

On 4/26/2016 at 4:48 PM, Jay said:

The star and director of Captain Marvel have the same first name

So Katherine Bigelow directing Katheryn Winnick?

o_19iiqoq8rk1i114n1sja3vv1btvi.jpg (600×800)

Fylkja?

I wouldn't have expected it.  It didn't appear on the last OST, and its tracked inclusion in the first minute of the previous movie seemed like a last good-bye to Cap's "simpler" time, before the darker SHIELD-related drama to come.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

This review says Silvestri's theme doesn't appear on the OST

http://filmsonwax.thedigitalfix.com/civil-war/

There are a couple of moments when it seems to be hinted at (even one in this suite) but no real statements.

Karol