The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Howard The Duck was a comic book, Alex.

But ... he invented it for the big screen. He thought it would entertain the world.

The point is, geeky comic book folk, that Lucas thought we would jump in the air with Howard The Duck. Lucas thinks we want silly creatures. 

Because Lucas believes in the character. He keeps on defending it. 

"Even Howard the Duck is a cult classic," Lucas said, triggering applause in the Borough of Manhattan Community College theater. "I have a feeling that Marvel's gonna redo it because of the technology they have today." 

George Lucas used to drive around with his dog, Howard the Duck, in the passenger seat.  He always wanted to use that image in a movie, and he eventually got to: in "Howard the Duck" (1986).

When director William Huyck showed John Barry "Howard the Duck" (1986), the composer felt it would be too challenging to score. He said to Huyck, 'You need a better composer than I am for this film.' Huyck responded, 'I know. But they're all dead!'

4 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

I do. I even have it on blu-ray and I play the Thomas Dolby music a lot.

I knew it! Alex, we were right!

4 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Can't speak for Selina Dawson.

Oh yes you can!

No, MOTU is one of my early childhood touchstones, since I had it on tape and I remember all the ads my dad left in. I didn't see Howard the Duck until later on when it was on cable, and I had a lot of fun with it. Frustratingly, the Thomas Dolby music, which was catchy as hell, is only available on LP, so I had to settle for lossy MP3s, but I'll have to see about buying a pristine copy through ebay (if Australia is ever allowed to use it again!) and make my own.

5 hours ago, Godzilla said:

No, MOTU is one of my early childhood touchstones ...

Damn, I played my 'Ultimate facepalm' card too soon.

I loved The Wizard Of Oz because it took you to a different world. It's the reason why I later liked Star Wars, another non-artsy fartsy movie. No, I'm afraid you got me confused with Koray, who was raised on The Criterion Collection.

Alex

On 3/8/2017 at 1:26 PM, BloodBoal said:

I'd rather watch Logan for some proper senseless violence, and I'd rather watch Firefly for Morena Baccarin.

I'll be in my bunk. 

17 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I loved The Wizard Of Oz because it took you to a different world. It's the reason why I later liked Star Wars, another non-artsy fartsy movie. No, I'm afraid you got me confused with Koray, who was raised on The Criterion Collection.

Alex

No, they pegged you right, I'm afraid. I was raised on Gremlins, Critters, The Fifth Element, Bond, Leslie Nielsen, Don Bluth, and 90s Bruckheimer and Bay. If by Criterion Collection you mean The Rock and Armageddon, then you're right. 

Of course now. Disney/Marvel aint gonna stop as long as people are lining up for more.

But The Avengers generation probably has a lot of actors who's contracts are up, who wanna move on or wanna make loads more money from now on. Also. With this same group and with this storyline, how do you continue after your 1 billion dollar Infinity War double-bill ends?

A clean slate and a (slightly) new direction seems quite logical.

The Marvel Movie Machine (patent pending) will forever churn out endless new phases with a revolving-door-cast for all time.  Just sleep peacefully tonight knowing that, hopefully years from now, when your in your final death throes, there will be a Captain America or Avengers movie playing nearby.  Your family can move away from the sadness of your inexorable passing by slunking over to the cinema and taking in some popcorn entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 9:44 AM, Jay said:

Marvel casually announces an Inhumans TV show

Summer 2017 Imax premiere, then part of ABC's 2017/2018 TV season.  Seems the planned film is even more unlikely than it already was, then.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:01 PM, Jay said: